Tyre sensor problem??

garymiboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cl180 Kompressor sport se
Hi,everyone.just joined today.. just bought a cl180k sport se yesterday.and went for my first run in it today [halifax to Gargrave and back). anyway, i got a tyre pressure warning as i was driving it.and is now saying to reset flat indicator???..im completely new to the mercs.and havent really started reading the manual through yet.any got any info which might help me?

thanks and hope to be chatting more...:D

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Welcome aboard garymiboy :)

Best advice would be to study the handbook, the reset is shown in there. ;)

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
Be aware that the monitoring system only alerts you to changes in the tyre pressure (at least as fitted on the current C Class (W204)). Lack of a warning doesn't mean the pressures are correct.

I discovered this recently when I found an n/s front tyre was low, not sure how long it had been like that. Put it back up to correct pressure and of course then the warning system is telling me there is a problem. When you reset the run flat indicator it will ask you to confirm that the pressures are correct before you reset. If you reset at the wrong pressures it will happily accept those and only warn you of a fault when you correct them!

I understand it does not actually measure pressure but rolling radius of the wheel.

530kam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C180K SE/ E60 530d M Sport
exactly same system as on the E60 5 series BMW

OP
G

garymiboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cl180 Kompressor sport se
Thanks all, as i had only had the car a day.i hadnt really had time to get my head into the techi part of the manual. but i did sit and read through parts of it last night.and have reset it..alls well now.:D
thank for the help and info..appreciated.

Brian John

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 2012 1.8 blue efficiency
New to forums but I have not seen any mention of sluggish throttle response coinciding with every run flat indicator inoperative warning. I can live with the warning but what else is going on here, no mention in the manual? Had new ABS sensor fitted in May but problem persists.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom