Tyre wear

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
I have a Multi-Point Check document from when my car was part exchanged and shows the following under Tyre Condition depth;

2.5.4 NSF 3. ? 3 NSR 1.6. 4. 4 OSF 3. 1.6. 2 OSR Spare New, is the spare a space saver? On an S500L 2001.

There seems to be some confusion about the tyre depth on my car, although the car has passed its MOT, evidently!

Comments please.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Robert from those readings -fronts have been moved to the rear at some time !--if its passed they test the must be OK --they will always wear unevenly so the depth is never the same across the whole tyre -depending on milage leave them alone for now --next year for peace of mind and safety change all 4 before MOT--I use Goodyears last set were the new Exellence (and they really are !) as a good all round tyre.

Last edited:
OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Robert from those readings -fronts have been moved to the rear at some time !--if its passed they test the must be OK --they will always wear unevenly so the depth is never the same across the whole tyre -depending on milage leave them alone for now --next year for peace of mind and safety change all 4 before MOT--I use Goodyears last set were the new Exellence (and they really are !) as a good all round tyre.

Thank you both for your replies, its confirms my thoughts. MB tell me these tyres were replaced with new 1500 miles ago. My car has been unused since November 2005.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
How long have you had it?
MB have strict rules as to tread depth on used cars. Can't remember the limit, may be 3mm. Anything less and they have to replace them prior to delivery - no argument.

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
How long have you had it?
MB have strict rules as to tread depth on used cars. Can't remember the limit, may be 3mm. Anything less and they have to replace them prior to delivery - no argument.

Yes. I have an internal invoice showing tyres, £636.00, supplier 13102, doc ref 31615067.Pirelli. The last time my car was inspected the report shows Continentals :confused:

It also shows £484.04 VAT on margin, so, what was their profit?

I bought the car January 2005 with a Mercedes-Benz 12 month parts and labour Warranty for £29,000 from Mercedes-Benz Chelsea.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom