Tyres - don't discount the indy!

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I wanted to order some tyres today and occasionally Black Circles have competitive mail order prices which once in a while can be a tough to match/beat with an independent only being a couple of quid out (and in some cases a bit cheaper).

Just before I placed an order with black circles today, I checked with my local independent and this is how the prices looked including VAT but excluding fitting for 245/40/18 front and 275/35/18 rear.

Michelin Pilot PS4
Front £114 from both black circles and independent
Rear £162 blackcircles / £160 independent

Continental SC3
Front £173 black circles / £106 independent
Rear £173 blackcircles / £156 independent

Falken FK510
Front £151 blackcircles / £87 independent
Rear £151 blackcircles / £122 independent

I'm sticking with Michelin PS4's at the moment so whilst there's nothing in it on those the differences on the others are worth noting!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I generally go on-line and get a price ... then go to my indie & say I can get this for that much. He has always at least matched it.
Other times I just trust he's given me a competitive price .....
Use them or lose them :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I have always price matched my local tyre place with the internet; and always go back there

Me too, never discard your local Tyre Dealer, it's more important to him to pick up all the deals he can get. My local tyre man, Kirkley Tyres are often quite substantially cheaper. They have sites here and in Great Yarmouth. So for those who are not too far away it's well worth checking with them :):)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I have looked at the lists from the tyre wholesalers recently and they struggle to compete as their sales to individual retailers are generally small and need delivering.

Sometimes the retailer will buy job lots to get a deal but with the huge range of sizes and ratings it can be a risk.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom