Tyres for C220 Estate 55 Plate

Sheila_Anne

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Elegance SE a
Hi,
I am new to the site and have just bought a C220 Estate. It has 2 different tyres on the rear, 1 a W rating and 1 a H rating, which I don't think is very good.
Can anyone reccomend good W rating tyres for this vehicle?

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Welcome to the forum.

I'd check the handbook, it may well be (dependent on wheelsize) that they should be V rated.

Various people will have differing points of view.

I've used Kumho's for years now and found them to be good value, long lasting and quiet.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i have the saloon version and it has V rated tyres. thats what it came with originally

william28ho

Reaction score
hi - the different tyre ratings are referring to the different maximum speed, which the tyres can perform.

for a 'v' rated tyre....the maximum speed is 150 mph

for a 'w' rated tyre....the maximum speed is 170 mph..

but the legal maximum speed limit in the uk is 70 mph.

this really depends, how fast do you intend to drive your car?

i would be most interested in looking at, how much the tyre's thread is still remaining.
then decide which brands of tyre to replace them....michelin etc.
afterall it is the winter's time.

i hope this has help.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom