Tyres where to buy from

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
Have been phoning local tyre guys to get prices for new boots for my car.

Currently they are Pirrelli P Zero Rosso 245 40 17 rear and 225 45 17 front

There is a bit of life left in them yet but looking for best prices and alternitives

Have been qoted so far £144 each fitted for the rears is this a competitive price ?

I do not wan't to comprimise on quality so are the Pirrelli the best and is there a on line shop you can buy tyres from cheaper and get local garage to fit.

Thanks

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Same sizes on my car. I got Michelin Pilot Sports @ £160 each supplied and fitted by my dealer.

Tyres are excellent, grip is fantastic, noise and wear acceptable.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its worth typing the tyre size into google and do a search,,the prices vary by as much as £40

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
That price for 2 fitted is good, you could get conti's for the same price, I have just checked

wiltsandy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230K SLK
Give Blackcircles, etyres and valuetyres a try on the net as they do a delivery only or a fully fitted price.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
and mytyres.com
I've used them and blackcircles. Both very good, though blackcircles have better fitting places.
Costco very good for Michelin allegedly.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
One good way is to get a Blackfriars price (fitted and balanced) and take that to your local ATS centre (owned by Michelin). Ask them to price match it. They will and you get the top Michelin Primacy tyres to Mercedes spec (called MO) They wear as well as any and are a good tyre in other ways. If not Continental are consistently highly rated.

Micheldever near Andover do amazing fitted prices in quotes over the phone and supply many MB dealers.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I would also try the Mercedes Dealers as they were the cheapest I found.

OP
J

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
Thanks for all advice,

Got plenty to look at and now the choice is great.

Tyres i have on at mo are Pirrelli P Zero, Now i know these are good but what are the other makes equivelents eg: Michelin Pilots etc.

Thanks

I want a good quality with good grip and wear and low noise.

Don't mind paying a bit extra for the right tyres.

woodley_bob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E220 Bluetec estate (2016)
Have just replaced tyres on my E220CDI estate (W211). Previously had Dunlop SP9000s which were not bad; I got 20k miles out of a set with mostly motorway use, good grip in dry but didn't clear standing water very well.

Have replaced with a set of Goodyear F1 GSD3s which have similar noise levels (very acceptable) but much much better wet grip, and are particularly good at keeping in line when driving through puddles and standing water - very good on wet motorways and the like. I have used the same tyre on my previous car (Impreza Turbo) and was very impressed there too, though I don't drive quite so hard these days :( Have yet to see how well they wear on the MB as have only had them on for a couple of weeks.

I'd second Hawk's recommendation for Micheldever Tyres near Andover, who were much cheaper than local MB dealer prices and were also cheaper than the web folks at blackcircles too. (I paid £110/tyre fitted for 225/55 R16s)

ADP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200K, SL500.
I have the same tyre set up but I went for the Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (MO). I paid £580 all in at a local garage. They are much better than my old tyres that were Bridgestone’s Potenza's. Much quieter, better grip and a much smoother ride. Worth the extra money in my eyes.

ADP

OP
J

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
Tyres now Purchased

Hi,

Have purchased four new boots and decided to go with Pirrelli Pzero Rosso MO from my local performance tyre dealer and got all four for £500 fitted and kept one old front and back that still had about 4mm left as emergency spares.

Not a bad price i think considering the tyre sizes. :D

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom