Tyres

Streetfighter1100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Convertible
You will wear the middle of the tyre out very fast, most on here run them at 2psi under the recommended
When the council has sorted out our pot holes, i will then reduce my tyre pressures.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Well since I started this post I have gone down another pot hole and burst another new tyre.
So as far as I am concerned stay away from Pirrelli P-Zero Neros.
Found out also, nobody makes a run flat 235/35-19 tyre. Which is a bit odd.
So I have now fitted to the front Uniroyal RS3s with Extra load side walls.
Also have ignored the tyre pressure chart on the filler flap and am putting the tyre pressures as if the car is fully loaded
40psi front and 50psi rear. So far so good..

I burst three P Zero Nero on local potholes, two LHS tyres done on the same pothole at the same time! It’s not the tyre’s fault, many potholes are due to road layer shearing which leaves a sharp hard edge.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I know this thread is mainly about 19" tyres, however, I have just picked up my E350 coupe and the seller fitted two continentals on the back, now, I know these are good tyres however, I have been used to Uniroyals on my last car and they were superb.
My coupe has 18" tyres fitted and just wondered what the feed back was like for them?
I think I'd rather fit the Uniroyals if they are available in 18"and had a good customer response.
Can anyone help/advise?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Yep , good tyres Uniroyal Rainsport , but you are going to wear out the continentals first aren't you ?

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Yep , good tyres Uniroyal Rainsport , but you are going to wear out the continentals first aren't you ?

Wighty behave, you're asking a Scotsman if he's going to waste MONEY??? :shock::shock:

Of course I'll kill the continentals first. :D:D

However, I was thinking when the fronts need changed, approx, 6-8K miles I'd start there.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
IMHO a lot of this is down to the current love of large rims and low sidewall tyres, meaning if you hit a pothole there's little or no sidewall to absorb the impact and protect the tyre/rim. My S204 is on 17's, 205/45 and 225/40's, I hit a kerb yesterday on one of those speed hump chicanes - trying to put the OS wheel over the hump and the NS wheels in the gap between the hump and the kerb, got it wrong!! No tyre/rim damage, just earache from the passenger seat! Tyres are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics with about 20k on them, rims are 17" staggered AMG 6 x 2 spokes.

Streetfighter1100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Convertible
I know this thread is mainly about 19" tyres, however, I have just picked up my E350 coupe and the seller fitted two continentals on the back, now, I know these are good tyres however, I have been used to Uniroyals on my last car and they were superb.
My coupe has 18" tyres fitted and just wondered what the feed back was like for them?
I think I'd rather fit the Uniroyals if they are available in 18"and had a good customer response.
Can anyone help/advise?
Uniroyal is owned and made by Continental. But in the motorcycle industry, continentals have always been a cheaper option and don't last long. I am very happy with my Uniroyal Rain Sports.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom