UK Finance Hire Purchase Interest % > Finance To get 3 Year FREE Service

MercAA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc A SE
My factory order A class will be collected soon in UK. To get 3 Y ear free Service planning to switch to Hire Purchase, total car cost is 30K, planning to take minimum amount as Finance to get Free service for 3 years..

Offer got from dealer is £10K for 7% APR (6.7 Fixed) for 4 Years. I had similar amount (10K) for 4.9 % APR (4.67 Fixed) in 2016 December.

If this rip-off Offer..??

Whats minimum Amount I can take and whats minimum period i can take..? Can I replay full amount earlier than agreed date..?

OP
M

MercAA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc A SE
My factory order A class will be collected soon in UK. To get 3 Y ear free Service planning to switch to Hire Purchase, total car cost is 30K, planning to take minimum amount as Finance to get Free service for 3 years..

Offer got from dealer is £10K for 7% APR (6.7 Fixed) for 4 Years. I had similar amount (10K) for 4.9 % APR (4.67 Fixed) in 2016 December.

If this rip-off Offer..??

Whats minimum Amount I can take and whats minimum period i can take..? Can I replay full amount earlier than agreed date..?

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
They make their money out of selling finance deals......it will be good for him & not for you.

My son always buys his cars on PCP (to get the best deal on the car price) and then usually settles in full a few months later (I believe it is one month's interest to cancel) the finance guys hate it.

Services on my car costs me £41/month x 36 so your A class should not cost more than that!

Just do all your sums and see what the end number is.

deposit + monthly payment x 48.....+ 3 x services. Remember the first 3 will be the cheapest (and I bet will cost less than the finance).

Phone a MB dealer and ask what they cost - service #4 gets more expensive

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
You will be paying over £1600 in interest so work out the costs of A, B, A services

HSBC will lend you £10k at 3.3% over 4 years, repayment of £222 a month

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom