Ultrasonic Cleaners - What fluid?

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Hi

I’m just awaiting delivery of an ultrasonic cleaner I’ve purchased, and wonder if any of you have one and can recommend cleaning solutions to use?

Upcoming jobs
1. Windscreen washer nozzles.
2. Motorbike carburettor.

I know that it can be done with just water, but if anyone has good tips to pass on I’d be grateful.

Thanks

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I use my cleaner primarily for watch bracelets and small bits of jewellery along with a few small car bits.

I've always used THIS STUFF which does exactly what I want and lifts all the ground in stuff easily. I also always use warm, but not hot, water which seems to help.

An ultrasonic is also excellent for cleaning glasses (spectacles) if you wear them. :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I use my cleaner primarily for watch bracelets and small bits of jewellery along with a few small car bits.

I've always used THIS STUFF which does exactly what I want and lifts all the ground in stuff easily. I also always use warm, but not hot, water which seems to help.

An ultrasonic is also excellent for cleaning glasses (spectacles) if you wear them. :)

I looked at one for cleaning the "family Rolex collection" and other jewellery but understand that the watch itself will get damaged by the ultrasonic waves (remove bracelet). Still keen to own one.....

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
I bought a James Products ULTRA 7000S (750ml tank) DIGITAL ULTRASONIC CLEANER made by the same people as daveenty's cleaning fluid. It includes a watch holder so the bracelet is in the cleaning fluid but the watch is not. Did an excellent job on my Omega using just warm water and a little Fairy liquid! Main reason for purchase is cleaning dentures, not terribly successful with water/Fairy liquid but have bought some other stuff to try.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I looked at one for cleaning the "family Rolex collection" and other jewellery but understand that the watch itself will get damaged by the ultrasonic waves (remove bracelet). Still keen to own one.....

I'd certainly never put a watch head in, even with the holder as mentioned by Chris. I always take the bracelet of and clean the watch itself separately with an old soft toothbrush.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I'd certainly never put a watch head in, even with the holder as mentioned by Chris. I always take the bracelet of and clean the watch itself separately with an old soft toothbrush.

To be honest, my strap usually gets a scrub with the nail brush when I shower:geek:.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom