Undercover cops Question

flagstaff

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'94 E220 Cab
so there i was in my bosses (boss's?) C320 on the motorway ... following a BMW M3, not really going for it, about 140mph max ... and anyway suddenly the M3 slows down and pulls into the slower lanes, and i think well he must be going to turn off ... so i charged ahead a bit and oh dear, the rear view mirror reveals a dark blue volvo estate some way behind with lights flashing behind the radiator grille ... :shock:

so i get on the anchors obviously, and choose the slow lane. the volvo comes alongside, and the cop in the passenger seat mouths various profanities at me, and then ... nothing, they pull away ahead.

my question is, am i nicked? should i expect something in the post? or would they have pulled me over, if they were going to collar me?

talbir

Reaction score
No, you're lucky !

They would have pulled you over, into the back seat of their supercharged Volvo and made your life very difficult. Over 100mph is an automatic ban from the courts - but they would have had to stop you and get your signature !

I doubt they clocked you at 140 - and believe me if you had at any point been doing 140, you would have been clocked. And you would have been pulled over and arrested without question. They never ignore anything over 100mph.

The M3 driver probably had the Road Angel detector in his car.

When like me you drive a 911 Turbo, you get to identify the Secret Cops very quickly. Problem is, when in a 911 or M3 you ALWAYS get stopped. When you're in a Merc or some other more conservative machine, you get away with a just a few words in passing !

OP
flagstaff

flagstaff

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'94 E220 Cab
phew! thanks for the heads up!

and you're right, we were hitting the higher speeds right before the beamer slowed drastically ... when he got the alert, obviously ...

gotta say though - i don't much like the look of the C320, but it sure goes some :twisted: it has some kind of upgrade to the suspension, i think, and also bigger-than-standard wheels. beautiful stable behaviour, would love to try it out on the twisty bits.

downside (in my opinion) is a less than slick auto box; and the instruments are hard to read. (m'lud)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom