Unhappy W211 E320CDI

psmart

Reaction score
Saving hard for a new turbo as I have been advised that sending for a re-con won't solve the inherent problem.
I picked up a new Turbo for the ML270 off Ebay Germany for circa 450EUR, good place to look. No problems with it, 50K later still smooth and strong.

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
New turbo, new O2 sensor and 5 new glow plugs all fitted and working well (as well as a new Comand unit). Whilst the C180 Komp was nice it was very very nice to get back in my E and drive it home. I knew I was missing it I just didn't know how much until I got it back.

boomer1

Reaction score
Hi All,

A "short" 286 mile round trip for me yesterday, on the way back I accelerated hard away onto the main road and received 3 sharp judders like kangaroo petrol in a manual. It then cleared for a couple of seconds and did the same thing again. Following that I had no kick down or turbo so pulled in at a layby and switched off. I then drove it back home and the kick down and turbo were working to some extent although nothing like I am normally used to.

Just before I arrived home I called Mobilo, they sent out a service van (~40minutes) and ran a test on the car. Quite a few errors logged O2 sensor and turbo waste-gate were the main issues. Ran a test on the waste-gate and it was working perfectly :confused: He thought that because of the O2 sensor fail it went into limp mode, he didn't reset the errors so that the garage can see them today.

One impressive thing that I didn't know that Star could do was do a compression test! I don't know how it does it but wonder if it is the injectors that do the measurements of the back pressure?

I've taken it into my dealer today and am currently in a Fiesta :(
Hi,

I have just joined the forum to research a turbo problem with my 211 05 E280cdi. Reading your post, it seems to be the exact same issue. Merc dealer can't find the fault and Star is advising clean a valve or replace the turbo!
Can you let me know the outcome of your fault, was the turbo change successful?

Thanks for your help,
Derek

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello Derek and welcome,, this is an old threads and you might do better to post with a new thread

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom