Uninsured Drivers

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
We could Zyklon B them with all the other "Useless Mouths" and then they could be useful as we could make lampshades with their skin, boil off and use the fat from their bodies and make charcoal from their incenerated bones.

Or am i being a bit liberal?

Far too soft for my liking!

D1gger5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently Capri 280, 2 Litre S and 3 Litre Ghia
checking ASKMID, the following occurs:-

two drivers = Found
SORNed vehicles not on database.
I guess if I hasd trade insurance then any vehicle owned and taxed by me would not be on the database.

Diggers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
checking ASKMID, the following occurs:-

two drivers = Found
SORNed vehicles not on database.
I guess if I hasd trade insurance then any vehicle owned and taxed by me would not be on the database.

Diggers

Is there a cloned copy of you :D floating around

Phil D

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
previously W202 & W203
use the ANPR technologies to catch them & crush the car - every time - no exceptions
solve the insurance problem and ease road congestion - win win
& yes I am serious :cool:

D1gger5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently Capri 280, 2 Litre S and 3 Litre Ghia
Phil

1. How does your proposal work for traders insurance/insured vehicles?
2. How does your proposal work for vehicles not on the insurance database but still legal (Classic Cars for example)?

Malcolm

By 2 drivers I mean the two that are taxed, MOTd and insured. Easy to confuse the english by being pedantic. Anyway there is only one ME (hahaha) as the world could not cope with more than one.

Diggers

Phil D

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
previously W202 & W203
If they are legal they'd be able to prove it - as the plod would have to give the drivers the opportunity to get out of the car before calling up the crushers - any legal exceptions to the norm would swiftly sort things out - I have personal experience of severe personal loss through an uninsured driver and have therefore zero tolerance on the subject - don't understand anyone who thinks any other approach should be taken

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I will go one stage further and say, leave them in the car when it is being crushed.

C

C180 Chris

We best be careful with talk of zero tolerance otherwise Herbiemercman may accuse you of only seeing in black and white too, he does love his shades of grey.:D:D

Lordjellybelly

Reaction score
I am sure that many years ago driving without insurance was a disqualification offence. That would help

Disqualification 6 - 12 months is certainly available for offences of "no insurance". It would not normally be applied unless there was evidence of repeated similar offences or involvement in an accident. So it`s in the upper end of the range of penalties available.

P

PanzerMcGrory

As someone else has pointed out the vermin who drive without insurance couldnt give a sh#t if they get a ban or not assuming they even have a licence in the first place.

Cnics

Reaction score
Website
www.cnics.co.uk
Exactly.

I'm guessing that a significant number of drivers stopped for having no insurance also do not carry a full UK driving license (or a valid license from another country). The chances are after they've left it long enough the tax will run out also, they could happily SORN the vehicle to keep the dvla off their backs and will happily take the risk of driving around.

For the last few years i've just had my van which is insured for any driver 21 and over. It costs me just under £800 to do that, and i'm happy to pay it due to its flexibility with drivers. I used to have a traders policy before that which worked out at about £1400 including using a van (not my current van) for business use. It didn't include any driver of whatever age restriction on any of the vehicles though. It was handy as it made it much easier for me to get in a car and drive it, even if the car was uninsured. However i discovered quite quickly that i needed to carry around my insurance documents (luckily just an A5 sheet) with me whenever i drove as there was no way (and i don't know how much this has changed in 3 yeas or so) that the police could prove a vehicle of mine was insured, and if i was driving a vehicle WITHOUT an insurance policy, things got worse.

One evening i was transporting a vehicle from nottingham to derby (where i lived) and was stopped. It was a miracle i was stopped 1/4 mile from my house and the officer was in a good mood. He allowed me to drive to the house where he followed me and show him my insurance documents. On a bad day, or had it been further out of the city, i'd have been left stranded.

I don't understand traders policies anymore. Anyone can get one and if you have more than one car it often works out cheaper, when you include the other obvious benefits it becomes a no brainer. I'm still getting similar quotes of £1400 or so, though i've yet to find a company who will do everything i want AND any driver on my van.

I'm 25, a recent quote for my C36 (currently a non runner) came in over £2000.

All in all, nothing at all with insurance companies, pricing, and the general workings of seems to make sense to me.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom