Update on tracking issue

monkey1983

Reaction score
I had a blow out caused by tracking issue. Replaced both front tyres and had the tracking done today at Link Tyres ( recommended by Kwik Fit as they wouldnt touch it!), It was "out 3 adjusted to in 1" if that makes any sense to anyone - slightly worried now as some people are saying prepare to spend £160+ for a good job, this was £22.50! They do alot of mercs, trucks and commercials.... seems much better now...
saying that, the whole bill for front and rear brakes and disks, incl tracking, including VAT was only £215! - should I worry????

anyway as long as it gets me through this weeks MOT I ll be happy...

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Thats not a bad price!

Keep an eye on the trye wear, see how it goes!!

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
anyway as long as it gets me through this weeks MOT I ll be happy...

Idea is to have safe car for another year rather than just passing MOT. Was all the work carried out by Kwickfit? That does sound veyr cheapr for brakes etc included.

Decent discs and pads would cost £160-£180... then 2 hour labour... That does sound very cheap..

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
sounds about right for tracking only. when people are paying £160 they are having a full geometry check, not just the tracking. the 3 out adjusted 1 in means the wheels were toeing out (wider at the front edge than the rear edge) by (probably) 3mm and as most mercs are rear wheel drive, they need to be set to toe in. in your case its been set at 1mm toe in. i dont know what model you have ore the spec it should be set at but in my experience, 1mm toe in sounds about right. as previously stated, just keep an eye on wear!

OP
M

monkey1983

Reaction score
obviously safety is important and everything will be checked at my next A service by my inde in 2 months, I just meant I will be happy if it passes the MOT so I am mobile!

All work on brakes and tracking were carried out by Link Tyres, who I was recommended. I wasnt given a choice of brakes/discs they just quoted and I said to go ahead.

I m going to get it re-checked in a month to keep an eye on it.

I have a 98 e240 auto advantgarde.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
I am sure they have done a good job, Just need to be careful what parts these garages use as they tend to use the cheaper alternatives which dont last very long.

OP
M

monkey1983

Reaction score
yeah I thought so when I saw the low bill. I do alot of miles (20k +) but it has at least two services a year so should be ok for keeping an eye on things...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom