Update SatNav?

Mark60

Reaction score
I enquired at the MB parts dept today about an updated CD for the Sat Nav. The one I have is 2003 and it's already got me in quite a mess on a few occasions! Apparently there isn't an updated CD anywhere in the country so it would have to be sent over from Germany. The cost is £190. The guy at MB said the best thing to do was buy a portable one! He said they are cheaper and can be updated online. Has anyone had any success buying a new Sat Nav CD for their car? I've tried other online places but no luck. Didn't want to get a portable one when there is a perfectly good one (when updated) on board!

Last edited:
OP
M

Mark60

Reaction score
I hadn't but I have now! I can see the one that was suggested to me at £189. It's sold out there too, I'll keep checking back.

OP
M

Mark60

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm sure the UK and Ireland one will be sufficient.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks! I'm sure the UK and Ireland one will be sufficient.

Thats the one that I get,,with the main roads of Europe thrown in,odd why yours is so expensive when mine cost £113

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I hadn't but I have now! I can see the one that was suggested to me at £189. It's sold out there too, I'll keep checking back.

As per eGuru Mark. I updated my COMAND disc from COMAND ONLINE.

They have a website which guides you to the correct version and model of car (it is not a straightforward numbering system).

Ordered online and had it the following day. The update contained firmware and software, but was simple to use.

Portable sets (Garmin, Tom Tom, others I'm sure) are about the same price and have the advantage of being portable between cars.

The disadvantage is that they (or evidence of there being a Satnav) can lead to your car being broken in to. The updates of maps and points of interest are available on line, but are not necessarily free. For example, a complete map of Europe for wife's one year old Garmin could be as much as the machine cost originally.

COMAND has some shortcomings, but does not present an easy target for thieves.

If you order form Comand online, I think they give a 10% discount for Forum membership and I doubt if they will be out of stock for long.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
or my link to teleatlas who are the original map makers have them in stock for 113

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom