USB Connection

Paulmag

New Registration
Reaction score
I got a new C Class Exec SE today which comes with the Command system as standard.

Anyways, I'd rather not bother getting a PCMIA card or burn MP3 files to a DVD to upload music tracks onto the register.

I do have an SD memory card loaded with music files and I have a USB adapter so I was planning on uploading my music via the USB port.

However, and this is a big however, I can't seem to find a USB port. Can some kind soul please point in the direction of where I can find it.

Or, as I am now fearing, is it the case that not all cars have a USB port, would I have needed to have opted for the media interface option to get a USB input port?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I got a new C Class Exec SE today which comes with the Command system as standard.

Anyways, I'd rather not bother getting a PCMIA card or burn MP3 files to a DVD to upload music tracks onto the register.

I do have an SD memory card loaded with music files and I have a USB adapter so I was planning on uploading my music via the USB port.

However, and this is a big however, I can't seem to find a USB port. Can some kind soul please point in the direction of where I can find it.

Or, as I am now fearing, is it the case that not all cars have a USB port, would I have needed to have opted for the media interface option to get a USB input port?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

USB comes with the media interface. However a lot of cars are coming with this as standard now. Have a good look in the glovebox to see if the port is there. It will be black so have a good feel inside. Its about 1 inch by 2 inches. The cables dont come with it sadly. They need to be ordered as an extra.

AlexandrosCY

New Registration
Reaction score
hello my friend Alfie,
it seems that u have experience with mercedes so i want to ask you a simple question.
i just bought a brand new mercedes C180 Kompressor without the MMI... i only find the AUX input in the glovebox and i was wandering is there any way to connect my ipod throughout a usb instead of the AUX? because i want to control the songs that the ipod plays through the buttons on the steering..
thank you in advance
alexandros

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom