USB for my Vito Cab?

ARashid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito Taxi 2013
Hi all,

Just purchased a 2013 Vito taxi with a standard Audio 20 with Aux in glovebox (no media interface plug). I would like to add a USB option to this.
The aux is active as I'm able to see this when I press the CD button, however the cheap aux>>USB adapter I bought doesn't seem to work.
Ideally I don't want to change the entire unit as I want to keep the steering controls as well as keep costs down.
I've been reading countless threads and posts over the last few days but mostly with different circumstances.
Can any one advise on other possibilities please?

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Swapping to a Chinese HU can be cheap, it depends what you're wanting from it as the price rises the better and more it will do.
My last one was expensive Chinesewise at about £350.
No problem with steering button functions.

OP
A

ARashid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito Taxi 2013
Swapping to a Chinese HU can be cheap, it depends what you're wanting from it as the price rises the better and more it will do.
My last one was expensive Chinesewise at about £350.
No problem with steering button functions.
Thanks. It is the scenario I want to avoid tbh but looks like I may have to go down that route.

Would you happen to know if I bought a USB port to stick in the dash if there's a plug on the back of the stereo for it? I've seen a few genuine Vito USB ports on eBay for around £30 which seem ideal but unsure whether my audio 20 has the relevant input? Thanks again!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom