Using a bucket to provide water to power washer?

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Well.. I was chatting to somebody on the estate the other day and it turns out there is a working tap on block beside mine.

All I need now is a hose, real and sprayer. Great result :)

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Well.. I was chatting to somebody on the estate the other day and it turns out there is a working tap on block beside mine.

All I need now is a hose, real and sprayer. Great result :)
Is it your block or someone else’s, if not yours then they might get a bit funny as they will be paying for that water either on their ground rates or in addition.

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is it your block or someone else’s, if not yours then they might get a bit funny as they will be paying for that water either on their ground rates or in addition.

Not my block. But it's a local authority estate. Most people here pay for nothing. It's all very much a communal set up. For example, the central heating is even communal. I don't pay for it at all.

I'll just work away and see what happens but I doubt anybody will care.

negotiator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e-class 220D
Not my block. But it's a local authority estate. Most people here pay for nothing. It's all very much a communal set up. For example, the central heating is even communal. I don't pay for it at all.

I'll just work away and see what happens but I doubt anybody will care.

Hmm, some hardworking individuals tax is paying for it then.

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hmm, some hardworking individuals tax is paying for it then.

Hmm... maybe, I suppose that includes the tax I pay to both HMRC and the local council. This thread shall not be something that dwindles into state benefits to the unemployed. While there are "career" benefit seekers, many many people are enjoying state aid right now!

Also, now that you mention it. I remember doing a "walk around" with a local councillor and the estate manager a year or so ago and asking, and they said there a number of.

If there was a mechanism for me to pay for the water I use, I would happily do so. The reason I want to use it is I want to clean car myself.

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kranzle K7/122 ………. end

(I used https://simpsons1979.co.uk/product/kranzle-k7-122-ts-auto-gold-package-the-ultimate-detailer-240v and then modified the package to my needs). Note there are 2 models and TS and non TS. If you have no power supply either then the non TS is what you need and just run it with a generator.

Fair enough. But to be honest they are big money. I managed to get a decent Nilfisk kit with a bunch of attachments. Inc. Reel and longer hose fot about €120 which I think was great. I think it was mispriced in Argos tbh. The day I decided to buy there were only 2 stores with 1 each in the entire of Ireland (ROI).

I'm very happy with it. I couldn't justify a more expensive product and I don't think I needed one.

Reactions: DSK

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Fair enough. But to be honest they are big money. I managed to get a decent Nilfisk kit with a bunch of attachments. Inc. Reel and longer hose fot about €120 which I think was great. I think it was mispriced in Argos tbh. The day I decided to buy there were only 2 stores with 1 each in the entire of Ireland (ROI).

I'm very happy with it. I couldn't justify a more expensive product and I don't think I needed one.
Stock levels for Argos are woeful at the best of times Conor, just trying to get anything on click and collect or even home delivery with them is useless I find

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Verrrry good! I have just googled, ideal for me! Thanks.

They do not last long getting dragged over rough surfaces (e.g. even a brick paved driveway).......as soon as the outer sheath is frayed, it will burst at that point.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
. the entire of Ireland (ROI).

...:) I recently went to post something to my sister in county Galway. The woman asked where it was going, I said "Ireland" she said "southern Ireland?" , I said "no Galway, it is in the north of Ireland" - I could see the confusion.......strange how people seem to think ROI is "southern Ireland".

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec

Nilfisk are good. I had a c110/120 with 8m hose for about 6 years and it never missed a beat. Then I sold it to upgrade to the E145.4 and still have it but its too bulky to carry around and tbh 9m/10m hoses just aren't long enough for me.

The Kranzle is heavy but portable due to its size and as it can suck water and be used on a generator it jut covers all bases/needs.

steveq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 Merc S212 E220CDI Estate; Tesla Model 3; 1965 W113 Merc 230SL Pagoda
...:) I recently went to post something to my sister in county Galway. The woman asked where it was going, I said "Ireland" she said "southern Ireland?" , I said "no Galway, it is in the north of Ireland" - I could see the confusion.......strange how people seem to think ROI is "southern Ireland".
Since when has Galway been in the north of Ireland?

I think it is back to school for one of us!!

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Since when has Galway been in the north of Ireland?

I think it is back to school for one of us!!

Haha.. a lot of people in the UK thing all of Ireland is England. Even some fairly well educated people lol.

steveq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 Merc S212 E220CDI Estate; Tesla Model 3; 1965 W113 Merc 230SL Pagoda
I do understand why people classify the ROI as 'southern Ireland' because Northern Ireland is part of the UK.
That makes perfect sense to me.

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I do understand why people classify the ROI as 'southern Ireland' because Northern Ireland is part of the UK.
That makes perfect sense to me.

Yes, North and South of the border.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom