V class air suspension

Dunnie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v220 CDi 1999 2.2
Hi, this is my first post on here! I've got a V220 CDi, which the family adore. Now it sits in the garage alot because we only use it for trips out, the other day the battery went flat. I jump started the van and the suspension didn't lift as normal and the dreaded red light came on the dash. Now I know you all reckon its nothing but trouble but I'm keen to repair the system. I've checked fuses there all good, checked relays which is fine too, so I shorted the relay out and the compressor kicked in and lifted the suspension. Now before all this occurred when I parked the van up there would be a relay clicking away all the time, which I thought was odd but everything worked so left well alone. The clicking noise seems to come from the drivers side of the van? Anyone got any ideas as to what it might be? Since the air suspension fault the clicking has stopped so I'm thinking these are some how connected? Anyone got any ideas I'm toying with the idea of getting a replacement air suspension ecu to see if it cures the fault?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom