V-class with 6 or 7 seats.

Spedley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V220 2002 Ambiente
Firstly, this is my first post so hello everyone.

I'm debating buying a V280 Ambiente and after a lot of research I can't find any info relating to the number of seats.
Some have 6 and some have 7 with the extra seat being in the middle row. I'm looking for the 7 seat version but I'm finding it difficult to seperate them from the 6 seaters, often I need to look at photos as the description rarely says.

So, can anyone tell me how common the 7 seaters are and if this was an option in all model years (or was the 6 seater the option)?
Is it a straight swap from 6 to 7 seats or do they have different attachments?

Joeybagger

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a C220 CDI, Have had 4 E180's and a C240S. No longer using the wifes Volvo V70. Not Nice
I owned a V class on a W reg from new and the seventh seat was an optional extra.

Not sure that I would get another as they suffer glow plug problems and the Injectors are very hard to extract if a change is needed.

When running great fun and very comfortable

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Had exactly this model - mine came with 6 seats only.

Great car - like driving from your armchair.

Petrol consumption wasn't too bad given 2.8 litre auto - few niggles - only one I can remember was a rattling (sliding) door - dealer couldn't fix - I did (simply, too!)

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Firstly, this is my first post so hello everyone.

I'm debating buying a V280 Ambiente and after a lot of research I can't find any info relating to the number of seats.
Some have 6 and some have 7 with the extra seat being in the middle row. I'm looking for the 7 seat version but I'm finding it difficult to seperate them from the 6 seaters, often I need to look at photos as the description rarely says.

So, can anyone tell me how common the 7 seaters are and if this was an option in all model years (or was the 6 seater the option)?
Is it a straight swap from 6 to 7 seats or do they have different attachments?

They came as 6/7 or even eight seats depending on the original order spec ,I have two but have both had a Taxi conversion done to them ,one is a 6 seater and the other is a 7 seater both + driver ,hope this helps . Having said that mine are traveliners rather than V class and are pretty much the same vehicle . Beware of ones with air suspension as not very successful and expensive to replace but they can be converted to standard suspension.

OP
S

Spedley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V220 2002 Ambiente
I gather from that the 7 seaters will mostly be the diesel taxis.

I'll see if I can find a brochure somewhere. Cheers.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
got your email re consumption but can't email you back due to your settings.

I don't think in this day and age automatic makes a huge difference on a day to day practical level.

I bought the car from new, it was used for day to day transport of my son who was in a wheelchair, so mainly short trips driven by my wife. I can't say I noted what the "routine" consumption was which means it probably wasn't that bad, although not doing many miles.

We did use it for longer trips regularly and I always take that as a challenge to see how good a return I can get. From memory it was mid to high 20s and that would have been at cruise of 80mph and probably a bit more.

Hope that helps!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom