1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V-class with 6 or 7 seats.

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Spedley, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Spedley

Spedley New Member

Your Mercedes:
    V220 2002 Ambiente
    Firstly, this is my first post so hello everyone.

I'm debating buying a V280 Ambiente and after a lot of research I can't find any info relating to the number of seats.
    Some have 6 and some have 7 with the extra seat being in the middle row. I'm looking for the 7 seat version but I'm finding it difficult to seperate them from the 6 seaters, often I need to look at photos as the description rarely says.

So, can anyone tell me how common the 7 seaters are and if this was an option in all model years (or was the 6 seater the option)?
    Is it a straight swap from 6 to 7 seats or do they have different attachments?

2. Joeybagger

Joeybagger Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    Now a C220 CDI, Have had 4 E180's and a C240S. No longer using the wifes Volvo V70. Not Nice
    I owned a V class on a W reg from new and the seventh seat was an optional extra.

Not sure that I would get another as they suffer glow plug problems and the Injectors are very hard to extract if a change is needed.

When running great fun and very comfortable

3. drmw

drmw Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
    Had exactly this model - mine came with 6 seats only.

Great car - like driving from your armchair.

Petrol consumption wasn't too bad given 2.8 litre auto - few niggles - only one I can remember was a rattling (sliding) door - dealer couldn't fix - I did (simply, too!)

4. Quick Silver

Quick Silver Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R129 1990 SL 300..
    They came as 6/7 or even eight seats depending on the original order spec ,I have two but have both had a Taxi conversion done to them ,one is a 6 seater and the other is a 7 seater both + driver ,hope this helps . Having said that mine are traveliners rather than V class and are pretty much the same vehicle . Beware of ones with air suspension as not very successful and expensive to replace but they can be converted to standard suspension.

5. OP
    Spedley

Spedley New Member

Your Mercedes:
    V220 2002 Ambiente
    I gather from that the 7 seaters will mostly be the diesel taxis.

I'll see if I can find a brochure somewhere. Cheers.

6. drmw

drmw Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
    got your email re consumption but can't email you back due to your settings.

I don't think in this day and age automatic makes a huge difference on a day to day practical level.

I bought the car from new, it was used for day to day transport of my son who was in a wheelchair, so mainly short trips driven by my wife. I can't say I noted what the "routine" consumption was which means it probably wasn't that bad, although not doing many miles.

We did use it for longer trips regularly and I always take that as a challenge to see how good a return I can get. From memory it was mid to high 20s and that would have been at cruise of 80mph and probably a bit more.

Hope that helps!