V12 CL600

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
It's fun and i'm young and single..

That said, I won't be here forever, and can see myself out to greener pastures in about 5-10 years time.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Issues are:

Coil packs £1300 +VAT from MB - around half that inc round trip shipping to get them repaired. They are expensive as they are a) Twin spark b) carry out misfire detection using extra circuitry inside the packs themelves, so more like a coil pack AND ECU in one.

On this age of car, all rubber components will be starting to show issues (ABC suspension top mounts, Rear subframe mounts and engine mounts)

Engine mounts are a bit job on the V12's, bit easier than on the Twin Turbo ones but still a big pain.

Corrosion, floor pan, rear arches, C panel seams, sunroof, bonnet etc.

A non turbo will be prefacelift, the interiors have dated, but they are such a lovely place to be still.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom