V220 auto box issue - poss limp mode after 3 miles

Vr46mm93

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V220, 2000, 2.2
Hi all, I've got a mk1 vito V220 Ambient with a suspect gearbox issue.

I topped up the gearbox oil yesterday as it was nearly empty and now after about 3 miles drive when I stop it only moves slowly/eventually if I keep moving the gearstick. It's an auto too.

Not sure if its still low on gearbox oil as there is still a slight rattle from the rear of the gearbox or something else?

Revs fine when in fault. Reverse work in fault. Turning off the ignition clears the fault and then good for another 3 miles.

Prior to it going into the fault it seems to want to lurch in/out of gear whilst I'm driving. Also tick over is incredibly lumpy when in fault.

No codes on OBD II. No fault lights on dash.

Can anyone help at all?

Thanks

Dairin

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
How are you checking the gearbox oil level?

Really this needs to go on Star for diagnosis (guessing parts gets very expensive very quickly). It may be gearbox related or it could be MAF. A proper diagnosis will pinpoint it.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Yes as above. How did you know the gearbox was empty?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom