philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Vandalism

Hi All

I encountered an example of vandalism this very evening. Something very heavy had been lobbed at the windscreen of a Vauxhall parked in a lane less than a 100 yards from my car. The windscreen hadn't been holed but it had made a nasty mess and the windscreen will have to be replaced.

My home town has recently seen a spate of shop windows kicked in. The smashing of car windscreens is a new development I have not seen before. It is getting rather uncomfortably close to home, quite literally.

REGARDS

Phil

PJayUK

Reaction score
Interesting, I live in Surrey quite in the sticks. I was woken up a couple of Saturdays ago by a bunch of ****ed up youths walking down the high street outside my house. They proceeded to jump on the boot of my SClass onto the roof and then jump off. I shouted out of the window and and they run off. What makes me sick is the complete lack of respect for other peoples property. Had I caught one and given him the good kicking he deserved it was certainly me that would have ended up in the nick.

No damage done fortunately but I have been looking out for them since.

Martin-Jundiaí

Reaction score
As long as they believe you are in organised crime, you'll be OK S-A-M!

You know, I'd agree with you there. I live in a 'not-so-good' part of town and NEVER had anything happen to my cars, while I work in a 'reasonable' part of town and had two cars stolen and an attempted third theft!

I think my neighbours think I'm a trafficker or the such like!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You know, I'd agree with you there. I live in a 'not-so-good' part of town and NEVER had anything happen to my cars, while I work in a 'reasonable' part of town and had two cars stolen and an attempted third theft!

I think my neighbours think I'm a trafficker or the such like!

Tint all of the windows so that they are sure:D:D

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
they took the merc star off my tailgate, it was a die casting, the replacement was plastic, £17.50. mb dealer had lots in stock. i also got a deep scratch. you have to be able to take it, as if you retaliate you could be hospitalised or worse. if some of them can kick old ladies for their purse or kick a man to death for damaging his wife's car, then if you retaliate you have to do it after the event. i like my car but i know you have to reseve your reaction ( kick their heads in) for the possibility, heaven forbid of them harming one of your family. herbiemercman.

C

C180 Chris

I had my bonnet star "liberated" the other weekend, it just makes you so angry!!
Still at least we know the Police are hot on the heels of the scum that have been damaging cars in my area on a friday and saturday night (between 10 pm and 0100hrs....They sent two CPSO's out three days later at 1700hrs wearing nice clean high viz coats to ask if anyone had seen anything and seemed surprised when i suggested that wandering up and down the street in the safety of daylight with a clipboard will not catch these people, as they are not here at this time. The only way to catch them is to detail a couple of PC's (real ones) to hide out at the times the damage is being done and grab said itinerants, locking metal handcuffs around them as they go.
Far too easy and dangerous me thinks, much more chance of catching them by wandering around taking statements three days later!

I can see the logic????????

hang em and flog em all!

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
My car my money my property

My car was bought by me with money that I earned that makes it mine. This means all of it and if you (THE VANDEL) think that this give you the right to take any part of it you are wrong and if caught will have to accept the consequences. You will also be given a verbal message for you parents to come and have a chat, I think they will decline but you never know your luck.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Hi Phil --how things must have changed-I remember Falmouth as a quiet and peaceful town long afternoons sunbathing on Gylanvase beach-many happy evenings in the Grapes (I spent 3 years there living on a minesweeper as a R.N.diver training the helicopter pilots from Culdrose)- no vandals then but it was 1967 !!!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Hi Phil --(I spent 3 years there living on a minesweeper as a R.N.diver training the helicopter pilots from Culdrose)- no vandals then but it was 1967 !!!

Now that is what I call variety, a diver training a pilot:p, they do say though that divers go down deeper and heli pilots get up quicker but to be able to do both just has to be the tops. (could not resist this one teddy, guess you trained the pilots in the art of escapism?):p:p;)

Mind you any vandals around could have been 'taken down deep' inflate the BCD or vest then let them go!

Last edited:

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Hi Dosco It was part or the pilots training to do search and rescue at night--we left Falmouth harbour 4 nights a week weather permitting and were dropped into the sea (usually off the Cornish coast) in pairs --the choppers were then scrambled to find us and winch us up ---Pilots had do this succesfully a certain number times to qualify as Royal Navy search and rescue pilots?
Needless to say --there are so many stories -it would take all week --the most time was about 1-1/2 to 2 hours in the sea before we were found and rescued!

Last edited:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Hi Dosco It was part or the pilots training to do search and rescue at night--we left Falmouth harbour 4 nights a week weather permitting and were dropped into the sea (usually off the Cornish coast) in pairs --the choppers were then scrambled to find us and winch us up ---Pilots had do this succesfully a certain number times to qualify as Royal Navy search and rescue pilots?
Needless to say --there are so many stories -it would take all week --the most time was about 1-1/2 to 2 hours in the sea before we were found and rescued!

Is it fair to assume that, if they didn't find you, you failed the course? :rolleyes:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211

Ever thought of committing your experiences to paper? such memories are pure gold dust:cool:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ever thought of committing your experiences to paper? such memories are pure gold dust:cool:

Steady Dosco. Would he not then have to kill us? - and there are now 31,077 of us in addition to himself!

Besides, I bet the paper would go all soggy .............:D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Vandals...

... just back from my physio and my daughter who was waiting for me told me she had just seen three youths of Eastern European appearance going round the car park looking into cars, so she called plod, "yes madam can you describe them...., sorry but are you CERTAIN they are Eastern Europeans, did you realise that could be considered racist to make such comments if it were proven...." are you going to come and investigate, "well we have no one available at the moment and of course it is on hospital property so you should in the first instance...."

End of conversation:mad:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
... just back from my physio and my daughter who was waiting for me told me she had just seen three youths of Eastern European appearance going round the car park looking into cars, so she called plod, "yes madam can you describe them...., sorry but are you CERTAIN they are Eastern Europeans, did you realise that could be considered racist to make such comments if it were proven...." are you going to come and investigate, "well we have no one available at the moment and of course it is on hospital property so you should in the first instance...."

End of conversation:mad:

You will however be furnished with a crime number (for insurance purposes), a copy of our customer charter and weekly copies of our customer satisfation survey until you complete one to our satisfaction.

There now, I think that should satisfy all the targets we have been set for performance this week .........

C

C180 Chris

You will however be furnished with a crime number (for insurance purposes), a copy of our customer charter and weekly copies of our customer satisfation survey until you complete one to our satisfaction.

There now, I think that should satisfy all the targets we have been set for performance this week .........

Absolutely!! It is so sad that our police have been watered down with targets and customer satisfaction surveys to the point that they are so bogged down with paperwork that they can not do the actual job in hand.

nobody has ever caught a criminal by asking questions alone, that is only part of it, you must still get your hands on them to lock them up.

I think that the rank and file Police are in a no win situation, driven by political spin and lack of funding. The local CC in our area has more slogans and piccys on the back of buses than anyone else, but i dont think he will catch any more villains, its all just talk and spin.
We need real PC's on the beat, not CPSO's wandering around with ill fitting yellow coats and clipboards.Then and only then will our Merc stars be safe!

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition

Unless of course, you were a Prince of the Realm - all training completed (time allowed off for clubbing/ski-ing etc, of course) within a matter of days.!!!!! :rolleyes:

Not.

Top Bottom