vandalism: I have lost my pride. The MB STAR

MAAB

Reaction score
I have been living in a very reasonable posh area of Surrey.

Today , in the early hours of the morning i noticed that the bonnet MB star has been taken away. What a shock. Why? What did he or they achieve?
When we can change this culture of stupidness? Any comments please.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I think it is because they describe MB as an aspirational brand.

For me it is more of a perspirational brand...

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition

Today , in the early hours of the morning i noticed that the bonnet MB star has been taken away. What a shock. Why? What did he or they achieve?

One of the (many) reasons we abandoned the UK and moved to Spain. No respect for anyone or anything. :(

simon_wall69

Reaction score
Same happened to me last weekend. Pulled the star off the boot too. I suppose at least it wasn't keyed or vandalised in a way that isn't expensive to fix. Still a pointless crime, though.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)

As has been said by Uncle Benz - it's an aspirational thing - someone has graduated from VWs! :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Here is the answer

Attachments

• pic_328929001187735969.jpg
    pic_328929001187735969.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 81

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
In one weekend I has two Stars nicked off both my mb's. That was £50 quid in stars. Gutted I was.

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Gold Stars

Hi All

On two occasions I have encountered gold/gold-plated/gold-coloured (which?) Stars adorning the front of Mercedes bonnets. Are they a MB option?

I imagine a gold Star would be inviting theft? Fortunately I live in an area where automobile crime is limited to stealing valve caps or anything that can be removed quickly. I have not seen a VW necklace in decades and I have never seen an MB necklace. I suppose some thieves feel that they have to go one better!

REGARDS

Phil

gibsones135

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA 250 4MATIC 2014
I suppose that (being philosophical) when they steal your Star...Hubcaps....Wheels etc.....at least they gain something (star, hubcaps, wheels etc....!.) it's the tyre slashers, windscreen wiper/arial benders and keyers (Keyers?) I can't fathom. What goes on in their heads? Not very much!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I suppose that (being philosophical) when they steal your Star...Hubcaps....Wheels etc.....at least they gain something (star, hubcaps, wheels etc....!.) it's the tyre slashers, windscreen wiper/arial benders and keyers (Keyers?) I can't fathom. What goes on in their heads? Not very much!

You are safe where you live surely from all of the vandalism

gibsones135

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA 250 4MATIC 2014
You are safe where you live surely from all of the vandalism

....well for the most part you are right. We seem to have 'waves' of car vandalising, often through the summer, when we have the annual influx of holiday makers ( ...most of them are lovely..he said quickly!;)) But I suppose, with the increase in population you are going to get an increase in vandals(?).....They folks with they upcountry ways!!

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
There is a solution. Hook the star upto the electical system. I looked in at my xenons today and saw a warning about 25,000 volts. That would be a nice wee surprise for a star theif

drivinggod09

Reaction score
or sharpen the inner edge of the star then you can collect fingers like they collect badges just remember to tell the guy who washes your car

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I lost the bonnet star on my C.class one sat night, lost the boot star the following!!! leave it at the mother-in-laws now!!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
same here ever since someone keyed it i keep it in a garage 2 miles from the house with a couple of ABLOY locks on

Sad really isnt it!! we have to park away from where we live to protect what we own! funny thing is, i have had two £55000 merc,s as work cars, never been touched, parked in the same car park every night!!

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Sad really isnt it!! we have to park away from where we live to protect what we own! funny thing is, i have had two £55000 merc,s as work cars, never been touched, parked in the same car park every night!!

As long as they believe you are in organised crime, you'll be OK S-A-M!

D3AN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180 Esprit
Think st4 has a pretty good idea with the electrical system, or have it coated with snake venom which causes paralisis wouldn't be a bad idea eitheir, anyhow sorry to hear about these things are still happening .... thing is it only takes on so called popstar to appear with a star around his neck to start a stupid craze, like the vw back in the eighties which has already been mentioned.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sadly its against the law to hurt vandals when they are on their destruction trail

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom