Very disappointed with my MB dealer

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
They must be selling so many cars that they don't need or want my business. I am a long standing customer having bought several high value cars there and yet they can't be bothered to follow up on their promise to email me the information asked for. Furthermore, they had no demo car or up to date brochures and specs to show me. The car in question is the E63 S. :-x

Very different approach at BMW who couldn't be more helpful in lending me an M5 for a weekend. :D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
They don't seem to want business do they...

I find dealers vary enormously, Smart Manchester Sales are really good, the Mercedes and AMG side don't seem half as keen. Huddersfield Sales couldn't organise a demonstrator but Sheffield couldn't help enough.

Have you tried MB world for a Demo? (Assuming that's not your local dealer...)

OP
S

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
They don't seem to want business do they...

Have you tried MB world for a Demo? (Assuming that's not your local dealer...)

Ahem.........;)

OP
S

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Are you getting an M5?

Yes, although trying a facelift E63 would've been nice to compare it with. But if a dealership with dozens of AMGs on site can't be arsed then neither can I.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Lack of interest from MB sales teams seems to be a regular theme on here, I wonder what the dealers response would be ?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Lack of interest from MB sales teams seems to be a regular theme on here, I wonder what the dealers response would be ?

It's weird, because Mercedes are on a mission to massively increase their volumes, so you'd think the dealers would be under a lot of pressure.

However, in a thread about car salesmen on another forum, it said even the worst salesman at an MB dealer makes pretty good money, some way above the industry average. So they must have it too easy.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Yes, although trying a facelift E63 would've been nice to compare it with. But if a dealership with dozens of AMGs on site can't be arsed then neither can I.

Tell them you'll take it on agility, they'll let you test it.

I'd never let a dealer, however poor, stand in your way of the car you'd like. Loads of dealers your way, find one that's more customer focused.

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Sport Line Premium Plus Coupe (C205)
The sales chap I saw yesterday (at MB Watford) couldn't have been more helpful.

However, online reviews of their service side have been abysmal: but that's based on 3 reviews. They must process hundreds of cars a year there.

OP
S

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Tell them you'll take it on agility, they'll let you test it.

I'd never let a dealer, however poor, stand in your way of the car you'd like. Loads of dealers your way, find one that's more customer focused.

That's the problem Steve, this place is on my doorstep and I don't have time to find a dealer who will make a bit of effort for my £££. Besides, their agility rates can't compete with BM who are offering 0% at the mo.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Besides, their agility rates can't compete with BM who are offering 0% at the mo.
Only problem with that is you end up with a BMW...;-)

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Strange isn't it? In the current climate you'd think companies would be all over sensible customer service.

We've run into this "can't be bothered" mentality with so many things this last year, mainly around work on or in the house.

Bizarre!

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
They must be selling so many cars that they don't need or want my business. I am a long standing customer having bought several high value cars there and yet they can't be bothered to follow up on their promise to email me the information asked for. Furthermore, they had no demo car or up to date brochures and specs to show me. The car in question is the E63 S. :-x

Very different approach at BMW who couldn't be more helpful in lending me an M5 for a weekend. :D

This is the easiest conundrum in the world to solve.

Vote with your feet.

OP
S

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Hence BMW 1 - Mercedes nil

OP
S

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Nah, but really like the 13MY Disco 4

OP
S

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Don't need it for work but they have finally cracked it. It drives superbly and shows everyone how it should be done. MB take note. Reliabilty - time will tell. The L405 hasn't been brilliant so far.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom