Viano 2008 2.2 power loss - intermittent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckless123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Viano 2008 2.2
Hi I have a 2.2 viano 2008 model. I am getting no error codes or warning lights but get intermittent power loss. Most noticeable at motorway speeds, I go to accelerate and there is no power, the car will kick down to a lower gear but maintains the same speed on the flat, and gradually slows on inclines. After a very short while the car suddenly regains power and goes like a train again! Any ideas? Am thinking maybe fuel pump? Car generally runs beautifully most of the time

c15htn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'00 A208 CLK320 Convertible.
I'm sure someone more wise than i will be along... But could it perhaps be your MAF sensor?
My car does odd things like that but if the MAF is unplugged it goes like a train all day long.
It controls the fuelling so i guess if is got a fault it will screw up the pulling power of the engine.

I'm ordering one shortly, changing it is about 10minutes, including drinking tea :mrgreen:

daxdreams

Reaction score
Might help

Sounds freakishly similar to my problem posted just up from yours on my C180 except to reboot mine I have to switch the ignition off and back on to clear it. If your careful you could try this but what it means I dont know, sorry. I've already replaced the MAF to no avail and the crank sensor which can exhibit similar symptoms if its breaking down. The lack of power symptom you describe sounds uncannily similar to the scene I'm experiencing, I don't think the fuel pump is at fault because the engine still runs, so I'm beginning to think injection or a control system which directly intercedes here but which one I aint a clue. Good luck!

OP
R

Reckless123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Viano 2008 2.2
Cheers to both, will try disconnecting maf but I am getting no faults on star test so am still confused! Will repost after maf testing

P

parkviewhouse

viano low power loss

hi reckless i wonder if you resolved your issue as i have the same with my viano and need advice regards robert

P

parkviewhouse

my problem viano 2.2 2007 driving on motorway intermittent power loss have had this to mercedes several times i have replaced all sensors , fuel rail, also brand new mercedes benz vaned turbo the vehicle has what is described by mercedes as a dirty high emissions engine this is why it is fitted with the vaned turbo and all these sensors . no egr valve is fitted also no maf sensor according to dealer ,, still same low power loss i even talked the technician into going for a 40 mile drive with the star system running live diagnostics fault showed up and power cut to 50% fuel pressure dropped to 50% no other faults to highlight what the problem is . to cause this . i have been trying all connections and wonder if the air suspension kicking in is causing a feedback to ecu to tell it to cut power but cannot find a fusebox diagram for the vehicle to remove fuse to air pump to see if it stops the issue any idea where i can get a fuse box layout as its not available from mercedes dealer or if anyone has any ideas to help me out regards parkviewhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom