Viano Electric Doors & Alarm

N70ALX

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Viano 3.5 V6 2008
Hi there,

New to the forum, and looking for a bit of advice on electric Vito/Viano doors if anyone experienced similar? I've searched around but not found an obvious solution.

Our Viano goes through stages where the alarm goes off every few days, totally unprovoked. We seem to have narrowed it down to faulty electric doors at the back. We also often find the battery dead.

We took it to an auto electrician who tested it for battery drain, and said it was miniscule and would take weeks to go flat. They didn't notice the alarm going off, but fixed the back door which didn't open from the inside. They said they cleaned up the contact plates, and that the only further thing we could do would be to replace the contact plates, and to bring it back if it was problematic.

For the next two weeks it went off all the time, so we replaced the spring contacts on both doors, and the flat contacts on the back RHS door. It was fine for quite a while, but it's started happening again. Today I jumped in to see which door was open, and it said back RHS. so replacing both contact plates doesn't seem to have fixed it!

We think, if we aren't here when the alarm goes off, the back lights stay on, and drain the battery. Not sure where to go from here, disconnecting the alarm siren won't stop the battery draining. Has anyone experienced anything similar, and found a solution?

Thanks in advance!

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Most likely the locking mechanism.

A small micro switch within can become faulty, I looked for a replacement like for like switch but didn't find one.

fritoes

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
viano 3.0 v6 2009
Hi there,

New to the forum, and looking for a bit of advice on electric Vito/Viano doors if anyone experienced similar? I've searched around but not found an obvious solution.

Our Viano goes through stages where the alarm goes off every few days, totally unprovoked. We seem to have narrowed it down to faulty electric doors at the back. We also often find the battery dead.

We took it to an auto electrician who tested it for battery drain, and said it was miniscule and would take weeks to go flat. They didn't notice the alarm going off, but fixed the back door which didn't open from the inside. They said they cleaned up the contact plates, and that the only further thing we could do would be to replace the contact plates, and to bring it back if it was problematic.

For the next two weeks it went off all the time, so we replaced the spring contacts on both doors, and the flat contacts on the back RHS door. It was fine for quite a while, but it's started happening again. Today I jumped in to see which door was open, and it said back RHS. so replacing both contact plates doesn't seem to have fixed it!

We think, if we aren't here when the alarm goes off, the back lights stay on, and drain the battery. Not sure where to go from here, disconnecting the alarm siren won't stop the battery draining. Has anyone experienced anything similar, and found a solution?

Thanks in advance!
good day,
my car seems to have the exact same problems, did you figure out a solution to the battery drain and alrm siren

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
good day,
my car seems to have the exact same problems, did you figure out a solution to the battery drain and alrm siren
Hello and welcome,

Yours could be the battery corroded in the alarm siren, quite a common issue, covered many times on the forum.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom