Viano (w639) Left sliding door closed message

EthanLam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Viano 2013
Hello all, i got a used 2013 Viano (w639) a month ago.
Recently, there is this message (Left sliding door closed) when i try to open the left sliding door from the button on the dash. There is just some beep sound and the message.
I have no problem opening the door manually from outside and inside.
I also have no problem closing the left sliding door using the dash button.
Anyone has encountered anything similar or have any solution ?
Thanks in advance.

Ethan

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
They can get confused.
Try opening and closing fully it may reset.
That failing try pulling the under bonnet fuse for 30 seconds or so, while the door is closed.
Possibly on the lower right bank,
top row of fuses there are 3 green, 30 amp fuses. The 2 right fuses 27 & 28 (27 sliding door left) will be the fuses, but pulling all 3 won't cause issue. That assumes that hasn't been modified for later 639's.

It becomes a greater nuisance when the message is door open and the rear doors can't be locked

OP
E

EthanLam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Viano 2013
Thanks M80, i did a check on the fuse box and the 30amps looks fine.

So i went to a workshop and they ran a diagnostics test and found out one of the pins along the door (pic) was depressed inwards (oh my, how could i have missed that). Pulled it out and all is fine now.
Thank you very much.

They can get confused.
Try opening and closing fully it may reset.
That failing try pulling the under bonnet fuse for 30 seconds or so, while the door is closed.
Possibly on the lower right bank,
top row of fuses there are 3 green, 30 amp fuses. The 2 right fuses 27 & 28 (27 sliding door left) will be the fuses, but pulling all 3 won't cause issue. That assumes that hasn't been modified for later 639's.

It becomes a greater nuisance when the message is door open and the rear doors can't be locked

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_141044_1.jpg
    IMG_20200515_141044_1.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 11

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom