Views upon ECU remapping and brabus chip

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Anyway it's goodnight from me. Sleep well all.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Are you suggesting they have remapped the gearbox as well? I would certainly hope they have left that well alone. Been enough trouble as it is.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
On page 16 of your reference it says: -

Torque Converter

• Lock-up torque converter is never fully locked.

On page 15 it says: -

• Lock-up clutch can be activated in all 7 forward gears

As far as I'm concerned if it is 99% locked that's fine by me. Point is the slip is reduced to virtually zero in the right conditions.

99% locked,, :shock: what is this :shock: but you always know best on these thing hawk,,do carry on digging your own hole,

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
99% locked,, :shock: what is this :shock: but you always know best on these thing hawk,,do carry on digging your own hole,

Back to your usual abuse eh?
I have never ever claimed I always know best.

I just try to enjoy the to and fro of a forum that is meant for MB lovers; I put in my tuppence worth and read everyone else's hoping for entertainment and education in roughly equal measure, and for abuse as little as possible.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Back to your usual abuse eh?
I have never ever claimed I always know best.

I just try to enjoy the to and fro of a forum that is meant for MB lovers; I put in my tuppence worth and read everyone else's hoping for entertainment and education in roughly equal measure, and for abuse as little as possible.

I have not abused you anywhere on this thread, so please do not start calling that as a way out

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
I have not abused you anywhere on this thread, so please do not start calling that as a way out

Read your post 203.

Goodnight. I'll leave you to it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Read your post 203.

Goodnight. I'll leave you to it.

All I did was to queery when you said it was 99% locked up, where did that come from

Good night I am off to bed as well

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
just had a quick read of this thread - that's 20 minutes i will never get back!!

we start with the usual cut and thrust of the remap arguments about mpg improvement and increased load on transmission components, then it becomes all about the lock up clutch in the torque convertor??

and where has david gone? a new member who seems like a nice chap, but is perhaps wondering what he has started here (it's not your fault david!).

come on guys, lets agree to disagree shall we?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent David a PM

OP
David-Butter

David-Butter

Reaction score
Website
www.sntuning.com
Your Mercedes
mercedes CLS 320CDI , landrover discovery 3.0 twin turbo and Ferrari F430 Scud
Hi Chaps,

Ive not run away yet. Although have been tempted, Im not botherd about gearbox issues or engine issues just the fact that my ML is now much quicker smoother and a lttle more economical.

As said as soon as ive coverd a good amount of miles i will give an honest review of my findings.

I will keep an eye upon this thread

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Hi Chaps,

Ive not run away yet. Although have been tempted, Im not botherd about gearbox issues or engine issues just the fact that my ML is now much quicker smoother and a lttle more economical.

As said as soon as ive coverd a good amount of miles i will give an honest review of my findings.

I will keep an eye upon this thread

Without re-openning the last thread re the bit in bold and all the drivel that went with it, when you report your findings MPG wise, could you do it the old fashioned way (brim to brim, litres used etc) and not use the cars trip, just to dispel the MPG/remap issue once and for all.

No one has ever disputed power/smoothness benefits.

Points to note

1) the car is very new, it will bed in through time
2) with the brabus option MB recommend its fitted to an engine less than 18k miles on it IIRC-the OPs car has been remapped very young.

Good luck, enjoy the forum, and most importantly your new car.

psmart

Reaction score
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Amen!

Just read the drivel of the last few posts. Unless David reports back exactly what each is expecting to hear and see, they will not believe. Even if the antagonists themselves venture into remapping their vehicles, they will not believe.

This battle will rage long and wide and no outcome can ever be seen.

David, you have just bought a vehicle, had it a very short time, but yet you managed to note a reduction in rpm, smoothness, quietness and better mpg, some during your first test drive/remap demo. Forgive me for being a doubting thomas, but I've had my vehicles since new for many years (>8) and many miles, can detect an engine mount failing before its failed, can detect a single injector mis-fuelling (because having star equipment, I reprogram them), but yet I cannot detect greater smoothness, quietness or reduction in rpm via Premium fuels, remap or injector tweaking. I had the ML270 remapped for many '000s of miles, I used to reprogram the injectors (for under/overfuelling - if you underfuel it gets more noisier) etc, so hence I have doubts about what you are saying. I believe you get more power (at an elevated component stress) and you can get more economy, but to me, from my experience, the rest is advertising.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Certainly a change in torque cannot alter the RPM,,when say in top gear cruising at 70mph, there is no real torque being used other than that required to maintain that speed, and the gearbox is just sitting happily in top. Nothing else can happen

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Just read this through for the first time.

I cant comment too much on the technicalities of what the different boxes do but I know on my a class with a CVT box that I can easily travel at the same speed at different RPM's depending on the conditions and power of the engine.

Now, for fear of getting yet another very abusive, offensive and threatening email if I dare to disagree technically with someone, I'll leave it at that.

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
I .... can detect an engine mount failing before its failed, can detect a single injector mis-fuelling
WOW x10 :cool:
I'm seriously impressed with your abilities, you must be in high demand in the motoring industry. If only Toyota had thought of employing your services they wouldn't be in the mess they're in now. :roll:

..so hence I have doubts about what you are saying. I believe you get more power (at an elevated component stress) and you can get more economy, but to me, from my experience, the rest is advertising.
Psmart in camp switch shocker! Are you not a believer anymore? :shock:

... Now, for fear of getting yet another very abusive, offensive and threatening email if I dare to disagree technically with someone, I'll leave it at that.
That's not on. I'm all for pulling someone's leg every now and then (some leave themselves open wider than others for that) but stuff like that needs to be out in the open. Name and shame. :x

psmart

Reaction score
WOW x10 :cool:
I'm seriously impressed with your abilities, you must be in high demand in the motoring industry. If only Toyota had thought of employing your services they wouldn't be in the mess they're in now. :roll::
...flattery will get you no where :rolleyes: .... some of us drive with the stereo off... in fact some of us get paranoid with every little noise that 'appears'.... the more you live with your car, the more you see/hear and feel it. ...Im not the only one, plenty on engine mounts causing vibrations but they havent failed etc. Injectors.... Ive spent many an hour with them and the diagnostics kit, so nothing special, just someone who is willing to analyse his vehicle.... after all, this is a forum of people who love there cars and tinker :cool:

Psmart in camp switch shocker! Are you not a believer anymore? :shock:
You wish :D ... still believe in more power and better economy.... hats must be eaten before I disbelieve!

That's not on. I'm all for pulling someone's leg every now and then (some leave themselves open wider than others for that) but stuff like that needs to be out in the open. Name and shame. :x
Agreed, I wondered why Alfie went quite.

CVT will always change, I have one on the Prius, but the issue is the 7G dropping revs because of a remap.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom