Viseeo - in or out - What do you do?

Boysey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220CDI SE Est (56) W203
I've just recently purchased and installed the viseeo mb2 adapter into the compartment in the armrest. No problems all fitted fine, etc.

What I'm interested to know though is how many people leave the module permanently fitted even when they are out of the car? After all the armrest compartment is not lockable and the module is worth over £200.

It did cross my mind recently when leaving the car in an open carpark for the day so i locked it into the glove box. This was fine until i reconnected and then had to wait some time to get all the phone book sync'd, which was a bit of a pain.

What do you do?:confused:

I Also noticed that when the engine is switched off the unit appears to remain on - can this drain the battery over a period of time?

Boysey

gaz6148

Reaction score
i always leave mine in, prety sure it turns it self off after a while though
the problem i have with mine is it does not upload the phonebook from my n96.....gutted, or am i doing something wrong

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
It's meant to be left permanently connected. I would imagine if one were to keepremoving it the connectors will get damaged. The unit will switch off once the car goes to sleep, 10mins after locking the doors (I think)

silver CL55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W216 CL500 2008. R230 SL350 2005
I just leave it in...no-one can see it, they are not easy cars to break into so if nothing disposable can be seen, why try?
Colin.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
You average theif wouln't know what it is or how to remove it (or access it). They'll just see it as part of the car. I leave mine in situ. As whitenemesis says, you'd eventually wear out the connector and that would be very expensive. It does turn itself off after a few mins.

OP
B

Boysey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220CDI SE Est (56) W203
Thanks for the feedback. In it stays then :)

Boysey

Brett

Reaction score
I always leave mine in the car - it had honestly never crossed my mind to unplug it.

cmax200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230 Sport
I leave mine in but it is security marked as well in the event that anyone should steal it.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom