VISEEO MB-2 Problem

Omega

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with the VISEEO MB-2 ?

I recently got one and it worked o.k in the car,,,, but I couldn’t get it to update the firmware. Seemed to be a connection/lead problem I suspect.

They very kindly replaced the unit,,,, but then it wasn’t ‘stable’ in the car. Sometimes it would work o.k and others, it wouldn’t seem to latch on to the phones. I put phones (plural) as I tried two of my own (Motorola K1 & L6) and I of my Sons Nokia – all with the same result.

After starting the motor, I press the PHONE button, and more often than not, all I get is the word PROCESSING on the Radio,,,, and WAIT on the Dash readout. Usually the green light just flashes away merrily,,,, though, yesterday, the green light did stay on,,, with the same results.

On a trip to the hospital the other week, this is all I got for about an hours travelling,,,,.

I unplugged the unit whilst in the hospital, and when I came out & I re inserted it. It was o.k this time. More often than not, it fails. Again the unit was replaced, but I still get the same results.

I really can’t see it being the same problem with both replacements.

I can’t see it being a problem with all phones.

I guess this only leaves me with duff connection / wiring in the car.

Has anyone else had similar experience ?

Any ideas what might be causing this ?

Is there another brand of ‘Module’ for these motors ?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

PS: Is there a previous Haynes manual that covers this engine ?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
It does take a while the first time you connect up a phone. I don't think the phone book download is the quickest thing in the world so if you have lots of numbers it may take a while. I'd give it another hour or two to complete. The flashing green light implies all is well, its just taking forever.
I think it does pick up from where it left off so I'd suggest you persevere.
I find mine does connect pretty much immediately though I do get 'Processing' for the first 30 secs or so whilst it syncs up.
I do get latch up issues and sometimes the damn thing won't answer an incoming call, but I've tended to find that the only solution is to reboot the phone, which implies that my problems lie with the phone, not the kit. (don't buy a 'windows mobile' phone, microsoft put their chief embecile on their bluetooth software!)
Mine also has a tendancy to connect to the Wife's Sony phone when parked up, as the garage backs onto the kitchen.

OP
Omega

Omega

Reaction score
Thanks for that.
I only have about 30 contacts (Billy-no-mates ?!) so it dosn't take long to transfer.

When it does work, it latches on pretty quickly.

One odd thing occurred the other day - I popped to the chemist. The kit was working o.k. when I got there,,,, but when I came out of the chemist, it wouldn't work ! All I did was turn the ignition off on arrival, & started it again after shopping (didn't touch the phone or MB-2). That's only happened once.

Last edited:

cmax200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230 Sport
I am experinceing exactly the same problems, Only had the MB2 for over a week, when it works its fine, but regulary I just cant get it to latch onto my mobile. The only way seems to be a Master Reset which I do not want to do everytime I get into the car. I am awaiting advice from retailer as to what to do. I thought when I first used it it was a real bonus but I am now having second thoughts as I spent all of a 30 mile journey home last night trying to get it to work. Not what I should be doing when driving.

OP
Omega

Omega

Reaction score
I've heard lots of similar stories now, so I rekkon there could be a slight fault with this model.
My retailer has agreed to give me a refund - but for the time being, I'm hanging on to it.
The first one I had seemed to work alright, but I couldn't get it to UpGrade on the computer. I do wish I'd kept that one now !?
The 2nd one started with the problem,,,, and then the 3rd has the same.

It tends to be a little better when I make sure the phone is On & in B.Tooth mode before opening the car.

Having said that, I have had occasions when coming out of a shop, the unit wouldn't pass PROCESSING,,,, even though it was working o.k before I turned the ignition off.

If there is a fault with this model, we all need to get in touch with the manufacturer (importer). Although they are aware of 'my' problem, they may not be aware of more problems, and possibly a fault at their end.

Mind you - I was rather annoyed that my car didn't come with a B.T unit - but that's another story,,,,,

cmax200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230 Sport
The problems with mine have increased, in that like others it will not do anything other than have the 3 lights flashing. Doing the Master Reset has done nothing at all.Total lack of function. So I am awaiting a reply from seller. it does appear that there is a fault with at least the unit I have, so hopefully a replacement may be the answer. Interesting though the one I purchased was one that had been returned previously (grade 1) checked and sold under full guarantee. So perhaps its one that has been suffering from an intermittent fault in the past and a replacement new one may not have the same problem. I am prepared to persist as I think it can be a good product.

MB TECH WARRINGTON

Reaction score
I have same problem, i know for a fact it is the viseeo faulty, im selling it and getting a gen merc one

cmax200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230 Sport
Mine is still playing up, I have been advised to update the software, but when I purchased it I thought it was advertised as being fully up to date. I have looked at the process of updating and although I am not a complete idiot I am not too happy with the instructions. Also if I do that am I then negating the guarantee, as it could be said its something I have done wrong!Also I use Mac computers and the updates can only be done via Windows.
Saying that the seller to his credit has responded well to my concerns.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom