Vito 110 cdi engen won't shut off

T

transcrit

Hi all
I have a Vito 110 cdi which I have been respraying and I have discovered that the engine (intermediately) will not shut off even if I take the key out of the ignition. (I had indeed previously removed the plastic housing around the ignition for some other reason). Strange thing is that even with the key turned to 0 on the ignition the engine would not shut down (and I had put the gears into neutral) until I removed my foot from the brake pedal.

Could this have something to do with the shutoff valve (or vacuum) etc? Or had I accidentally loosened some wire on the ignition when removing/putting on the plastic casing around the ignition?

Sometimes the van motor shuts off when the key is turned to 0, sometimes not (but the foot off the brake pedal thing is leaving me scratching my head).

:confused:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Think you need a new ign switch!!

Welcome to the forums

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom