Vito 112 cdi 2001 - Brake fluid leak

VitoVoom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 112cdi
Help! Footbrake pedal goes to floor, although some braking effort remains - Brake fluid reservoir is falling - Calliper and flexible hose both appear fluid tight - brake fluid leaking from the arrowed component in my picture! Driver's side front wheel.....
Can anyone shed some light on what this component is called and its function?
It appears to be retained to the stub axle assembly by a forked plate and an Allen socket headed bolt. May be coincidence but this is within 48 hours of an MOT pass.
Regards to all, Martin

Attachments

• Brake leak.jpg
    Brake leak.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
You really want to hope that item is not leaking brake fluid, that is the speed sensor for the ABS/ESP. brake fluid can only come from the brake caliper or pipe that feeds it.........

OP
V

VitoVoom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 112cdi
Progress

Many thanks for your lightning fast response! I'll get another picture or two and some more info up in the morning.... I only suspected that component because it is the only item that is wet, everything else over on the caliper side is dry and dusty? Am I safe in undoing that Allen socket bolt and removing the sensor to get a better view?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Bye all means try, the last 5-6 sensors i have changed for being faulty i have had to drll out due to breaking, brake fluid leak really has nothing to do with the sensor.....

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom