Vito 112CDI problem

m2X123

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a question about my 2003 Vito 112CDI,
When I accelerate there is a schwooshing sound that starts at around 2000RPM, this gets worse the harder I push on the throttle and eventually turns into a sort of squeal, as if air is leaking out from somewhere and the pressure of it builds up as I give gas. I'm not very good at engines and all that so I was hoping some of you here have an idea of what it might be, I'm kind of worried it might be the turbo or something, but like I said, I don't know.

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
I have a different engine but I had a similar noise on mine when I took it for a test drive. Mine sounded as though the heater fan was speeding up as I accelerated, like a huge whoosh of air but only when the car was being driven, not when stationary.

The cause, and simple fix, was a blown pipe off the EGR valve. Re-attached the pipe and all was well.

Not sure if it is the same problem but sounds very similar.

Dave

A

andy@pcd-ltd

It could well be a split pipe or maybe the cat is blocked on it.

Are you experiencing any form of lack of power

stu2009

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 112 cdi
Check all pipe work between the turbo and inlet manifold. It may also be a broken airline behind the headlight level adjustment. I had a noise like you describe and it turned out to be a badly fitted air filter.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom