Vito 115 Dualiner Gearbox Computer Problem?

thetaline

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 115 Dualiner
I have a Mercedes Vito 115 Dualiner semi automatic 2006. All of a sudden the vehicle doesn't want to come out of park (except by the override button under the gear stick console) and then only into gear (drive, reverse etc) but with a bit of a bump.

All electronics connected to the gearbox seem to have failed: No gears displaying on the dashboard any more - not even park, no reverse light when in reverse, no lights on the gear stick console. With override button pressed the van will go into D and reverse etc, but will not shift through the gears automatically - it just stays in first gear, as if the computer is just not working or something. There are no knocks or grinding - all sounds absolutely fine.

What is the fault? I'd really appreciate some advice from an expert and an idea of cost.

Thanks.

Roxie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 350CDI 2012
I have no idea what it might be. But it is obviously an electrical issue and so will have to be checked out on a diagnosis computer in the first instance.

jackcundy

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
vito/ 2005/ 115
hey

My dad has a vito 150hp and he's had a similar problem, he drove it through a ford the other day and it got stuck in gear, he brought it back to the workshop, switched the engine off for about 10 minutes and then it was fine again. Yesterday it threw it down so the roads had massive puddles everywhere and the gearbox got wet again and now its completely stuck in gear and when he puts in drive or reverse it slams it into a gear. We've topped the oil, checked the transmition fuses, theres no faults up on the dash but its still doing the same. just wondering if you have got yours sorted yet. Thank you

stefancoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 1999 230k
hi

i have the exact same problem but on a different Mercedes and was wondering if you fixed it yet? and how did you resolve this.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Maybe check that the gearbox plug isnt full of water?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom