Vito 2.1 13 plate fuel problems

Jakewarren7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 13 2.2
Cant seem to fill my van up with diesel as the pump clicks every 3 seconds? I took it into a garage they told me it was clean inside of the funnel neck any suggestions please? also I’m not sure if this is cause of the same reason when I drive up steep hills on the motor way my van sometimes jolts as if it’s not getting fuel

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Was the problem there when you bought the van..?

OP
J

Jakewarren7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 13 2.2
Not to sure about the jolting as I only noticed it after I started to work away, the fuel problem has been like this for about a year

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
2 things. Slide a thin plastic tube down the filler neck to see how far it goes down before hitting any gauze in the neck.
When filling diesel next time, try running the diesel slowly along the sidewall.

OP
J

Jakewarren7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 13 2.2
2 things. Slide a thin plastic tube down the filler neck to see how far it goes down before hitting any gauze in the neck.
When filling diesel next time, try running the diesel slowly along the sidewall.
I’ll try the tube tomorrow thank you, I’ve tried every kind of way possible to fill it takes me about 10mins to fill the hole tank

MinionBob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Viano - 2012 - OM651 Engine - 2.2
Cheap ebay smartphone inspection camera also worth considering - very usefull for what they are

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom