Vito 639 fuel economy fallen off a cliff

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Know this thread is a few years old now but wondering if anyone can comment still?
I have just had a 2013 viano remapped and can't say fuel economy has improved any... 280 miles drive and never noticed an improvement.
Also just been towing my caravan and wasn't impressed tbh. I've contacted the remap company as the torque doesn't feel anywhere near their claimed figures so wondering if the map has done much at all. Towing a pretty light caravan I would have expected the van to be almost in the same gear but I was up and down throught the gears (manual) like I was driving an old bus....
Has anyone else had their vito/viano remapped and not really noticed the difference?
I guess a rolling road and power / torque graph is the only way you'll k now for sure.
You don't say but I'm guessing your is the 2.1 om651 engine. I've felt the Viano already ha a superior map than the Vito, so less to be gained. also is there chance it was already mapped by a previous owner, so no advantage to be had?

But in a rare manual box I am surprised you've to use the box so much to find torque, even w/o a map I would expect it to be an easy drive.
Is there any chance you have something causing drag, brakes on the Viano / caravan perhaps?

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I bit of a forewarn. Check your VIN plate, in the lower left there is a figure in 2 square boxes. Your emissions at MOT need to meet this requirement and if it's 0.1 it is a difficult spec to meet. It's better to be aware pre MOT and maybe even ask an MOT station to run a quick check.

Pappa583

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 Viano
Been back in touch with the tuning company and they are going to send someone out to check the map.
I was pretty disappointed with the way it pulled the caravan at the weekend. Should have been easier than it felt? And the mpg..... oh my... was shocked it hasn't improved at all....

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Sure your Vito isnt in limp mode? I got mine remapped to around 200. Made a hell of a difference low down through the gears where I found mine sluggish. My remap has made no difference to fuel economy. Prob slightly worse with the shoe down. Check which remap they gave you, some give extra power and other maps give economy on the same BHP

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom