Vito, black death...

Trogg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 109 cdi, '05
Hi guys, just looking for some guidance.

My '05 plate Vito 109 died the other day, due to a black death type situation causing severe overheating and fusing/melting some wires together around the injectors. I think.

On cleaning up the coal face I found one of the braided pipes that link across the tops of the injectors was broken, so I'm now not sure if I knocked it when clearing the carbon lumps, or whether it could have been a contributing factor in the melting of the wires and the amount of carbon.

So I need to know if the plastic cap bit that the pipes go onto is easily removed and easily replaced with a new one?

Then there's the problem with the wiring, it's only really one lead to the third injector and the wires that go across to another plug to the side.
Could I cut out the damaged bits of wire and crimp in new pieces or is it safest just to replace the whole loom?
And is it easy enough to do, and any ideas of a price for the part from the dealers?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry no pics, but it's a right mess!
:Oops:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
The T piece you can get from merc, they might tell you that you have to buy the whole spill pipe but you dont, its only held in with a spring clip on the top, the plugs for the wiring also come on there own, simple cut the old plugs open and repair the wiring and replace the plug with a new one,

OP
T

Trogg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 109 cdi, '05
The T piece you can get from merc, they might tell you that you have to buy the whole spill pipe but you dont, its only held in with a spring clip on the top,

If I remove the spring clip, does the T piece just pull off?

Not wanting to go in ham fisted and break anything...

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Yep, just dont let the spring clip fly away.......

sarge955

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 clc 350
Merc at mansfield (now closed down) made me buy the whole pipe about £80 if I remember right, as you have to cut the braided hose to get it off. It is only braided rubber pipe so if the fittings are OK you should be able to push new pipe on to the fittings. Just make sure its rhe right size and compatable with diesel. hope this helps

OP
T

Trogg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 109 cdi, '05
New pipe bought and got a couple of plugs for the injectors, waiting for some wire 'repair kits' to fix some of the wires.

The spill pipe was complete as the new caps/T pieces are metal rather than plastic.

Hopefully get it done tomorrow then get the engine running to see if how many injectors are leaking.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom