Vito Instrument cluster ribbon cable has come adrift

Coulsdon Eagle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 310CDI
I had a small problem with my instrument cluster, the rev counter and speedo needles were a bit intermitent, sometimes they'd work, sometimes not, so i took it apart to clean it and make sure the connections were sound, it looks like the ribbon cable that has come away from the circuit-board, the fuel guage and temp guage still work, but now there's no mileage or clock display either, how would i go about repairing it? any recommendations?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I could probably have a look at it for you, but it does mean that you would have to post it

OP
Coulsdon Eagle

Coulsdon Eagle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 310CDI
that'd be superb if you could, thanks very much, i work for a parcel company, so it wouldn't be an issue getting it to and from you, any idea how long you'd need it for? i wont be able to use the van, so i'd need to make other arrangements

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will look at it the same day, and I hope that I can solve it

OP
Coulsdon Eagle

Coulsdon Eagle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 310CDI
great stuff, i have a few days work coming up using other people vans, so i'll get it to you while my van's not being used, or i'll see if i can get a cheapie off ebay to get me by

OP
Coulsdon Eagle

Coulsdon Eagle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 310CDI
the ribbon cable is definately not attatched to the circuit board, it's a very fine ribbon cable, so i'm not even sure it will be able to be re-attatched.

am i right saying all the mileage data etc are stored in the instrument cluster? and if i replace the cluster, i'd lose the mileage etc

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I do some very small work like fixing keys etc, I am a great improviser too

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom