Vito passenger window not working from drivers side

Bunnyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 112CDi
Hi, I have a 638 Vito that has developed a fault on the electric windows. Passenger side window works fine from the passenger side switch but not from the drivers side. Popped the switch unit from the drivers door and unplugged the passenger sides electrical connection. Checked connections clean and replaced. Passenger window then works from drivers side but only once. Repeated several times, continues to work normally from passenger side. Assumed faulty switch.

Purchased new switch unit to replace drivers side, fitted it and same fault persists, only didn't get the one time operation. Thinking now maybe bad earth but not sure where they maybe be located? Also read about resetting windows on some vehicles but not sure if that applies to the Vito.

Any ideas before I start pulling things apart. Cheers.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
The wiring between the door and the A pillar is prone to breaking on this model

OP
B

Bunnyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 112CDi
Thank you 47p2

You were spot on. Cable broken as you suggested, in fact they were nearly all going the same way. Saved me so searching.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
It's a common fault. MB did do a repair loom for them at the time, not sure if they are still available though. Glad you managed to sort it.

OP
B

Bunnyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 112CDi
Another nugget of info.

I will look into that loom repair kit. Not 100% happy with repair as wires a bit tight and suspect may go again in time. Cheers.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
With these wires on the 638, there is usually spare length used up in the driver's footwell.
Often this can be released, and the broken sections of wire moved on into the door, where they can be repaired and will not flex again.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom