VW Golf TDi problem

mercdriver25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi Auto (w203)
Hi guys,

Wanted some advice, ( have put it on VW forum but still no replies, so hoping for some assistance from here!! ) The car is a 2006 Golf TDi (2.0) with 80k.

For the last few days, whilst on motorway at 80mph, it suddenly loses power, without warning - such that I have to move over into first lane. No boost. On uphills - decelerates down to 50mph. Anyway, I park it up on hard shoulder for few seconds, restart engine, all OK...then happens again after a few minutes...annoying...

No warning lights. Otherwise running ok. No smoke. No noise. It's becoming annoying now. Any ideas would be most welcome here.

Thanks in advance...

Nick :D

Aitch55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG
You could ty asking on this VW forum. It's called MK4s but it has MK6 ant TDi sections. Users are pretty knowledgeable and helpful.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/21083.aspx

You could also check ebay for a vagcom code reader. Very handy for determining faults and reading ecu.

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
My brother's car did something similar, it was an Injector that was becoming intermittent.

nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 AMG 6.2 PP
This looks like your turbo has gone. It happened to me with my first vw golf (Mk 5 2.0 TDI SPORT). Did you see a lot of white smoke coming out of your exhausts? If so, you should immediately stop driving your car and call your emergency car service to take it to a garage. Or you could risk damaging your main engine. Sounds like you may require a new replacement Turbo. Hope this helps.
Regards,

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
If its a 170 TDi, it could be your injectors as they had issues in the first years of that engine

OP
M

mercdriver25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi Auto (w203)
Thanks for all the replies. Doesn't look good does it. Will get it checked out by an indie.. Cheers for the comments...

Kyliewww

Reaction score
Website
www.dead-ringer.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Astra 'H' CDTi; '89 MK2 Orion 'Ghia'
Something similar happened to my parents Golf TDi. Had to go back to VW for a 'Software' update. Part of a long list of faults that the dealer simply dismissed so in the end, they sold the car!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom