w 210, E200 1997. windows problem

Z

zdravko200

Hi,
could someone help me please?

I have w 210 1997, E200 (100 kW) for a year now. The front windows (together with power mirrors, door lamps, remote opening windows etc) haven't worked since we bought it. I was told to disconect battery for a 3 minutes because it probably get some memory problems. I did it several times, but everything that i said worked just for a day or two, and everything was stucked again. I don't know what to do any more. I went to service and they told me to change some windows modules. It is so expensive so I'm not sure about it. Power windows' motors is ok since it work for a while. I supose it is some electronical problem but which one? Is it really about this windows modules?

I would like to share problem with someone who have the same,similar or just know about that things. Is something broken or the car just should be reprogrammed or something?

Thank you sincerely

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
It will probably be the REAR door controller on one side or the other. Disconnect each one in turn to find the culprit.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
dieselman is bang on.

the cheap fix is just to disconnect the rear window controllers inside the doors. if you do it one at a time you can find out which one is at fault and only have one not working!

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
dieselman is bang on.

the cheap fix is just to disconnect the rear window controllers inside the doors. if you do it one at a time you can find out which one is at fault and only have one not working!
I HAD to get that in quickly, before you did Alex.....;):D

OP
Z

zdravko200

OK, where are located those rear windows controllers? In drivers door? Do I have controllers in each door for each window? How does it look like?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The controllers in the rear doors get water in them, and are part of the motor , so just unplug it, you cannot mistake it.

OP
Z

zdravko200

I'll try to do so, thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you would like info on removing the door cards just ask

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom