W107 '86' Inop Headlight Wipers

DanW107500SL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1986 R107 500SL
Hi Everyone, New memebr to this site. Have purchased my DREAM car, a 1986 500SL W107 in Nautic Blue. Only took me 7 years to find it!! Cant wait to get involved with this site!! HELP.....

My headlight wipers do not work. Interestingly i found the power lead that connects to the water bottle, disconnected and cable tied to a seperate black lead. When i cut it loose and reconnected it to the washer bottle i found that when i turn my headlights on the off side headlight washer zips into action and thats about it! You have to turn the headlights off to stop the water 'or' disconect the lead! Earth issue?????????

Any advice WOULD BE GREAT..

Cheers Dan

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
yup, the headlight wipers are shot. you will find the motor in the o/s wheel arch, the wipers are driven by a reciprocating cable which is similar to a sunroof cable design. the problem probably started with seized wiper "wheel boxes", but could also be seized cable and shot motor. i would suggest you remove the arms and forget they were ever there! sorry to say this, but they can take ages to strip/rebuild and the dealers charge like a wounded rhino for the parts.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
I would remove as post above. The problem some times is in the winter they freez to the headlight .Then as you use the wipers it just damages the gearbox inside the head light motor because the blade is stuck to head light.But if you do want to get them working .Remove them and it is easy to repair the motors as they rust up and stop any movement Might need new drive cable. I have done a few of these in the past but only the stand alone ones tha run on one motor for one wiper..Have a go at it and be happy with the end product.

Last edited:

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
I'm sure the OP has probably managed to sort this in the last six years since he first posted:idea:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I'm sure the OP has probably managed to sort this in the last six years since he first posted:idea:

Could be slow on the uptake ;):D

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom