W113 - Size question...

Flip

Reaction score
I previously owned a W113 and am looking at buying another, however...

My "collection" of cars is now larger than my capacity to store them under cover :rolleyes:

My garages are 19' deep, front to back (actually 20' but I only want to use 19').

I can get a car lift that will raise my shortest car off the ground - that is a Mk1 Toyota MR2, which is 13' long.

If you can imagine, a 13' car raised 4' off the ground, it leaves space underneath for a W113 (without roof) to be reversed back, with the boot and rearmost part of the passenger compartment under the MR2.

What I would like to know is...

Does 4' clear the waistline of a W113? (I am pretty sure it will!) - I know it will not clear the windscreen A-pillar.

From A-pillar to the tip of the front bumper, what is the length? (I hope, 6' or less?!!!)

Cheers!

PS
I can't lift the MR2 any higher and park the W113 fully underneath due to the height of the garage....

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I cant help but I do admire you :D:D;)

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport (12) Blueefficiency
I assume the car lifter would be some kind of hydraulic mechanism? Better be pretty sure it wouldn't fail, as you could open your garage one morning to find your cars 'mating'!!

OP
F

Flip

Reaction score
I assume the car lifter would be some kind of hydraulic mechanism? Better be pretty sure it wouldn't fail, as you could open your garage one morning to find your cars 'mating'!!

This is what I am looking at -

http://www.hamercarlift.com/

But I agree - with some pretty secure wedges in place!!

The MR2 doesn't go out too often, so the effort of lifting it isn't too much of a worry.

100-1921.JPG

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
the lifts cant drop as they have failsafe devices fitted by law!

Top Bottom