W123 Door Seal Replacement

charlfourie

Reaction score
Website
www.anotherphotographer.co.za
Your Mercedes
1979 Mercedes Benz 250
I've had my new classic for 3 days now and I am busy putting together my to-do list for getting her up to the best possible condition.

Number one on my list is the doors, she was resprayed in the 90's and according the previous owner the doors do need to closed with a bit of force. I can live with it, but would like to sort it out.

I would also like to tinker and sort out as much as I can, feeling all DIY inspired with the old girl :)

While driving there is a bit of noise coming from the windows, the rubber seals are not in great shape and I was wondering if this would be a job for a Merc DIY novice to take on. I'm not a DIY novice in general, just never extended my talents to a car before.

Is it a case of getting the replacement rubbers and taking the time to remove the old ones, cleaning up as best as I can and installing new ones? I know I am over simplifying it now, but it is just for illustrative purposes.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom