W124 1995 220TE Master lighting switch problem ?

OoSACoO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 1995 220TE
Hi this is my first post and im not sure if i have posted it in the right place so please go easy on me.
I have had my car for about two months now and a warning light has started to come on for a few seconds and then goes off again, I found out it was the master lighting switch symbol what could this mean ?

many thanks steve

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
If it is the yellow light on the dashboard with a picture of a bulb it means a bulb has blown: If it is a brake light blown the light will stay on all the time from the first time you touch the brakes; if any other bulb has blown the warning light only comes on when that light should be on (i.e. if its a reverse bulb blown, warning light comes on when in reverse).

If the warning light just comes on randomly in no connection with any of the lights being used/switched on (e.g. selecting reverse, indicating, braking, etc) then the system is faulty.

OP
O

OoSACoO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 1995 220TE
Hi i have checked all the lights and they all appear to be fine and the warning light doesn`t come on when i operate them, I am going out again in a moment and i will see if i can reconize what i am doing when it comes on.

many thanks steve

biglips

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E500
Yes, agree with previous comments. Itis likely that one of your stop lights has gone - hence the intermittent lighting up. Does it coincide with braking? Also difficultto spot unless you have someone to check the brake lights when pedal depressed.

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
Can often caused by poor connections/corrosion film on the rear light connectors. Taking out the bulbs and giving the connector surfaces and bulb contacts a clean often helps. Bulbs on the way out are usually blackened inside- replace any like that but make sure you get the correct wattage.

OP
O

OoSACoO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 1995 220TE
Hi i have just been out for a run in the car and the warning light didn`t come on, The car must be having a funny five minutes, Thanks for all your replies i know now what to check if if it happens again.

many thanks steve

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum anyway :D

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom