W124 300CE Wiper and windows

joconey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300CE 24V, 190E 2.6
Hi, Has anyone got an idea.

The front wiper and washer stopped working yesterday (snow, slush & salt - great) and, at the same time, the windows stopped working.

When stopped, and the motor not running, the windows work fine. When running, not.

If it was just the wiper I would look at the relays (but the indicators work fine) but I don't think the windows are on the same relay (although that may be intermittent and have something to do with the tropical weather we are experiencing at the moment).

Thoughts and/or suggestions please.

Cheers

John

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would have said that a fuse has a poor connection, or has blown, the convenience circuits (windows) work in odd ways when the power is missing

Welcome to the forum

OP
J

joconey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300CE 24V, 190E 2.6
Thanks Malcolm.

I have checked the fuse, seemed ok, but will wiggle the connection and emery it down - see if that helps.

Cheers

John

OP
J

joconey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300CE 24V, 190E 2.6
It was the fuse

When I rechecked the fuse (old type with filament running down - not ceramic), the filament at the very top of the fuse has burnt away but to the eye it looked all ok and unbroken. When the fuse was removed it became evident there was no complete circuit. I guess this happens when you try to pump water through a frozen system to clear the windows.:Oops:

Anyway, fuse replaced and wiper is happy again but not going anywhere now because it is snowing again.....

Top Bottom