W124 air con

westcliff

Reaction score
The only thing left to fix on my 1994 E320 is the air con. Thanks to this forum, I was able to sort the starting problem, get the rear washer working again and restore all of the dashboard illumination.

When I press any of the air con switches on the climate control panel, nothing happens. There is no change in temperature and no noises suggesting anything is happening. I suspect that the air con may be disconnected. Can someone please tell me where the electrical connections are for the air con on my car?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I take it that the heater works OK and you have hot and cold air

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Chances are that after 15 years it may well benefit from a recharge but have you checked the fuses? Is it a factory fit or aftermarket system? I think the fuse location may differ between the two. On mine (Diavia) there are two fuses located by the nearside suspension turret.
There's a superb troubleshooting guide in the DIY section. http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=39101

OP
W

westcliff

Reaction score
The heater and demister work okay, with hot and cool air. I had the gas recharged on the last but one service and they put dye in to check for leaks. When I took the car back, the air con man wasn't there, so it wasn't checked.

I'm not sure if the air con is factory or aftermarket; I'm fairly sure it's original but I'll have a look to confirm. While I'm at it, I'll check for these additional fuses. I've already looked at the fusebox and everything in there is fine.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom