W124 door locks

White230CE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230CE
Hi NumberCruncher,

I did. His reply was, and I quote: there is no information on the packsize for this item. I can only suggest that we order one and find out.

'A lucky dip then' was my riposte.... :roll:

Malcolm, where can I get PTFE from please and is the price in the same ball park or better?

Thanks

Ray

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi NumberCruncher,

I did. His reply was, and I quote: there is no information on the packsize for this item. I can only suggest that we order one and find out.

'A lucky dip then' was my riposte.... :roll:

Malcolm, where can I get PTFE from please and is the price in the same ball park or better?

Thanks

Ray

PTFE is sold by tool firms and Halfords,, it is the best as far as I am concerned

White230CE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230CE
I'll order one next time I service my W124.

If I get some before you, I'll let you know. I'm waiting to see how many jack stops I'll need (cos my sills are being cut and welded this Sunday), so I can order everything at once. Will be going to Halfords before then to check out some PTFE. Maybe I'll get both and try one in each lock in a double-blind controlled experiment. :lol:

Last edited:

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Screwfix also sell PTFE lubricants.

Top Cat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
(97) W202 C230 Elegance Estate
PTFE is sold by tool firms and Halfords,, it is the best as far as I am concerned

Malcolm, I shall be removing and examinng my stubborn 190 lock this weekend, while it is out of the car I want to clean it up (if possible) and lubricate it well before re-installing it. Can you confirm that PTFE spray would be the best thing to use? If so, how much - just a quick squirt or do I flush it through with a good dose? Does this also prevent the mechanism from freezing and binding up in very cold temperatures?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom