W124 E280 4 Spd Auto (Est), Ignition, Infra-Red Remote

OP
J

JensH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124
IR Remote

Fitted my first lock barrel replacement today.

8 mins, start to finish.

Lock works.

Struggling to synch to remote, though. Not working per WIS...

Tailgate lock on order...

Jens

OP
J

JensH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124
That synch'ing feeling...

Ok, so I have obtained and installed an MB-sourced, and expensive, NS door lock barrel, with a tailgate one on order also. Both the original locks had seized through non-use.

I expected that I would then achieve a straightforward synch of the second, NEW, IR key I also sourced from MB last year, which I not been able to synch before owing to the seized locks.

I found this in a helpful post from 2005:

"There are two types of infra-red systems on w124s, with different option codes.
The procedure for synchronising is different.
To synchronise the system, do as follows:

One procedure, for option code 885, is:
1. Point transmitter in key-fob to the door receiver.
2. Press the key button briefly.
3. Go to ignition switch and turn the key to position 2 (this must be done within 30 secs of above).

The other procedure, for option code 880, is:
1. Aim transmitter at driver’s door LED.
2. Press button for 5 seconds.
3. Go round to passenger door, unlock with flip-out key.
4. The infrared remote control is now operational again."

My car is code 880 for the IR option. I think the distinction between the two is that 885 links to an MB-fitted alarm and also has the console mounted central locking switch; hence the need to synch through the ignition. 880 has neither of those.

So...
My new key is working and sends its little red bleep signal. I followed the procedure above for 880, and have tried several times, but the key will not synch. I also, btw, tried the 885 approach, for what it was worth.

Any ideas anyone? If not, I think the answer maybe to wait for the tailgate lock, because there the physical lock is connected directly to an IR receiver - maybe that will work?

Jens :confused:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom