W124 E280 '95 Estate

JensH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124
Hi all,

I am about to have to change out a complete set of tyres, as my set of Continental Premium Contact 5s, fitted only last February, have worn out in less than 12,000 miles.

I expect older cars wear worse, I have slight alignment issues at the front, and I drive 75-80% of the time in London, but 12k is rubbish, isn't it?

Switching to Michelins (which is what Mercedes fitted originally)

Jens

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Yes, 12k is rubbish. My cheap fronts, which started on the back are now on 20k.

Older cars shouldn't wear any quicker than new if the alignment and geometry is in spec.

ShivaYash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124 1994 E200 (M111 engine), S123 1983 230TE (M102)
Hi all,

I am about to have to change out a complete set of tyres, as my set of Continental Premium Contact 5s, fitted only last February, have worn out in less than 12,000 miles.

I expect older cars wear worse, I have slight alignment issues at the front, and I drive 75-80% of the time in London, but 12k is rubbish, isn't it?

Switching to Michelins (which is what Mercedes fitted originally)

Jens

I opted for Goodyear Efficient Grip in 195/65/15, very happy about 1000 miles in, super quiet and I'd recommend the drive to Wheels in Motion for the alignment. Its 40 miles one way for us Londoners but worth it. Kwik-Fit had a good deal at the time and their mobile fitting service was really rather good, I was surprised. They mounted the weights inside the rim, their kit was new and the technician clearly knew his trade.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom