W124 E280 Auto (Est), Sunroof - Quiz!

JensH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124
Anyone know what the attached is?

A couple of days ago, I was checking the mechanism on the sunroof and this little fella drop off on to the passenger seat...

It is approx. 10mm x 10mm x 5mm, rubber with a soft surface finish. Looks like some kind of stop end / buffer for e.g. a track, but I couldn't make a match. It's got a 3 digit number on it, which I can't make out. Small tear, explains why it came loose, maybe.

I'm concerned that, although small, it does something significant. I know how temperamental sunroof mechanisms can be!

Answers on a post-card...

Cheers,

Jens

Attachments

• 14-02-07-E280-Sunroof-Rubber-MBOF.jpg
    14-02-07-E280-Sunroof-Rubber-MBOF.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 17

mej

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124 1994 OM606, ditto OM605, ditto M111, W126, S211, W169
I had a disaster with my W126 roof last summer and had to renew the transport bridge angles (as the EPC calls them). My W124s are almost identical. I took the attached pics which may give you some idea. You should take great care at this point and try to replace since you may be approaching my sort of catastrophe if left. I think you may have to drop the sun roof headlining to gain access. A devil the first time to repair, but I would find it much easier the second time round (as ever). Look on the EPC for a full picture of what goes where, and the WIS for the repair instructs, or I have them if you don't have access.

Attachments

• SunRoofTabs1.jpg
    SunRoofTabs1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 17
  • SunRoofTabs2.jpg
    SunRoofTabs2.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 17
  • SunRoofTabs3.jpg
    SunRoofTabs3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 20

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It will be on the EPC

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom